Richie the CAVEMAN would like to know how to use the internet.

im looking to the best way to ship my LS1 and the cheapest, and how to go about doing it. was wondering if anyone has done this before. thanks!

Richie this probably should be in another section. I would look on ls1tech for some serious answers

what section?

I would google the best way to ship it. I know you can buy plastic crates to ship engines and then you just have to find some where that accepts some thing that heavy

put it on a pallet and wrap it up… find a friend with a freight shipping account at their business and ship from there

CH robinson is typically pretty cheap, especially if you can find a company that has an account with them. You can find a pallet behind a walmart, but be sure to screw a piece of plywood onto the top of it because the boards on a pallet will break if the weight isn’t distributed across all of them.

I had my motor shipped thru Con-Way behind Target in Colonie.
It was ratchet strapped to a small pallet with big eye hooks screwed into it and then wrapped in plastic.

It was just a short block and not a full motor though.

Ive still got the pallet under my deck but its missing an eye hook or two.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg111/PaulJBrudzienski/DSC02535.jpg

r l carriers its what most manufacturers used to transport motors because they have a lift gate service japan star uses them all the time it’s where I found out about them

You have to pay extra for liftgate service though.

RL makes alot of deliveries to my work and they dont come with a liftgate trailer so we either have to get it off the truck by hand or back our delivery truck up to their trailer to unload it.

lift gate service typically costs quite a bit of extra $$

ABF freight and trucking In lathem right across the street from eddies aquarium off route 9.

the cheapest way to do it is just put it on a pallet, secure it and then pallet wrap it. To avoid the lift gate fee I put the pallet in a truck then use an engine crane to place the motor on the pallet. I’ve shipped transmissions that way, but never a motor.

i will carry it with u rish, where we taking it? we got dis!

You need to put it on a pallet and brace it real good… It must have all the fluids drained out of it in order to ship it. I would look up carriers like Yellow, Overnight Express, NEMF, and GOD… (there are a couple others)… You need to know the weight and dimemsions before getting pricing… They will show up with a lift gate and ba able to pick up up / load it… I have shipped a great deal of things. I was in the Pallet / packaging business for 5+ years…

GL

That is correct, you can load it into a pickup and bring it to the local depo to avoid the pickup charge and the liftgate charge (at pickup)

thanks, where do i go about weighing it? its a ls1 with no accesories, long block, with intake (and heads obviously)

You can weigh it at Best Fitness. Have deadbear drag it in.

If you have a truck you can crate it all up and bring it to a freight company and throw it on their scale… OR you can go to a scrap yard with a big inductrial scale… (usually if you throw them a couple bucks they dont have a problem with it at all)…

OR

You can go weigh your truck on the catt scale either in the port or in wilton at the truck stops THEN throw the setup in the back of the truck and bring it back to the scale again… The difference is what it weighs (just dont add or take away passengers while compating 1 and 2)

LOL

Joe Jigs will carry it on his back. 10 cents a mile.

I bet if you post this in the classifieds someone could help you out…

oh wait. :facepalm