Rims: fill and drill safe?

so I’m having a pretty tough time finding hot wheels in a decent offset and a nice lip in 4x100 with lower offset (~et23 if its 7.5" wide then lower from there considering width, et15-20 16" or 17x8’s would be perfect) and 57.1 centerbore

thinking about getting a set of bbs rs’s for an e30 m3 (a lot cheaper in 5x120 than in 4x100) and having the holes filled and new ones drilled. have talked to a few peole who have gotten it done and say its no problem.

anyone here have experience or something to say about it?

any local shops?

why not order direct from the company and see if u can get them blank?

swerve motorsports on walden has a good selection of wheels. I bet paul can find you some rims with those specs - tell him aaron sent you

bbs rs’s, if they are even still made, are probably like $3500

you can find them in m3 offsets for like $800

there aren’t really any new rims out with that offset, unless they’re custom. i know i believe all of the stuff that is currently made, and nothing interests me

I have seen a couple people just drill out the holes to make fit…dont know how safe it is the way i have seen it done…but I am sure a professional attempt would have no real issues.

Found these 16x9 RS’s on vwvortex that were filled and drilled. 5x120 -> 4x100

He is running a 25mm spacer on a et36 to come up with an et11 on his E30.
(I’m sure you know that a 17" RS is very difficult to find. If you find something and want more lip, you can get new lips from kodiak.)

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2642375

Look kind of scary, but he says he has no problems.

eeeeeeeeeew…the lugs holes are a lil to close to the hub holw for me…looks likes those parts could be a lil weak

Yeah not my idea of safe.

yikes. I wouldn’t trust those on my bicycle. lol.

I’ll bet they are safe though. Just scary looking.

I know plenty of people who have done this, and one of them was on a large truck (>8’ tall with 44" mudder tires driven on the street); as long as the welding is done properly there is no issues. Typically the rim is stripped; welded; machined flush; the new holes machined; then either re-chromed, polished, or powdercoated. If it’s done this way you’d never even know that they had work done to them.

wow those are scary looking, too close to that hub for my liking. to each his own