wheel re-drilling

Does anybody know where or how to go for filling a current bolt pattern and have a new one drilled out? preferably in 716/585
TIA

Wilberts in Webster might… I know they do wheel refinishing.

is this really a good idea though?

I’ve seen people do it, but iono, just sounds like alot of hassle

What pattern are they now and what do u need

Sounds like it would probably compromise the strength of the wheel

i wouldn’t trust that one bit

so if any one knows who has a car with 4x101.6 (4 x 4") then I think this needs to be done - they will probably go to 4x4.25 because I can find a LOT of cars with that set - up

so i know the ‘dangers’ but I will never get rid of these wheels - I can run them on my car

what are they off of…4x101.6???

i dunno - basically it was a rush decision since i didn’t have a set of wheels to drive to TN cuz my steelies weren’t done - they guy was gonna slap them on a rustang 5.0 but obv didn’t fit cuz he’s 4.25 . . . .i have a list of cars they’ll fit - they just aren’t common cars

wait… how did you end up with these wheels?

post a pic of them

i have heard people doing the center bore, but not the lug pattern. sounds sketchy

i bought them because i thought that they were gonna fit on 4x100 and test fitted them before purchasing them but didn’t have mag lugs to make sure so that’s how i got them

Wait what pattern is your car? a 4x101.6 should fit a 4x100. If not you should be able to open up the existing holes just a hair to get them to work.

Otherwise I’d probably have the 4 holes drilled between the others and have the old ones filled in.

yes my car is 4x100 and the wheels are 4x101.6 AND if they weren’t mag wheels they would fit with wobble nuts no problem - but they are mag wheels my best option is to fill and drill, i believe

Honestly I think you’d be better off opening each hole up .8 MM then having them filled and drilled, chances are a shop isn’t going to keep it within .8 MM clearances unless you pay $$ for a machine shop.

For the price you are going to pay to have this done you might as well scrap them and buy the set you want that actually is supposed to fit on your car.

well yea if I could drill them in a little to fit I would be cutting into the centerbore - which lays on the inside of each bolt hole - might be a problem. thanks for the diagram though I see how easy it could be done im just worried that bolt holes being open on the side might be dangerous

I would not open up the existing holes.

what does the back of the wheel look like?

just drill 4 new holes at a pattern that’s 45 degrees off that one and be done, with that wheel it’ll be a cinch! Any machineshop, automotive or otherwise should be able to do it… even the napa on wherle may be able to.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Josh, you gotta learn to either use the equals constraint or at least make all the dimensions a function of one… that way you don’t have to type in .7 a million times…

the back of the wheel is almost flat . . .which i just realized will need spacers if I am going to run them at all - I can snap pics later