Rim Redrilling

Anyone know someone local to TO that can redrill rims (ie drill a different bolt pattern on to an existing rim)

I know rims can share 4x114 and 5x114 bolt patterns.

Oh and if so, any clue on average cost?

Down with Bart Wheels

pm theo

yeah theo had something similar done but i beleive it was changing 5 x 114 to 5 x 114.3 or something, maybe 110 to 114.3 or something small like that.

AFAIK he only had to have minor grinding done, not a whole new pattern.

however, if your wheels have the pad to redrill then i am sure any one of a variety of places COULD do it, but you will likely find that most people will think you are absolutely insane and will tell you to go elsewhere.

Yeah, I am having a set done right now. The first one is finished and is flawless. The guy is amazing…

They were originaly 5 x 112 mm
Redrilled to 5 x 114.3mm
Plus center bored out to accept a larger hubcentric ring.
Needed to buy new steel inserts that the lug seats against.
Machinist located in Niagara On The Lake.

PM or MSNM me if you need details. (It’s not cheap)

Theo

y not new rims ?

^^^^

Because the rims are custom offset. I have been waiting since October '05 for these wheels. When they finally showed up, they were the wrong bolt pattern. I sent them back, and just found out that the company is no longer doing custom wheels in 4 bolt patterns.

The 5 lug conversion is a huge pain in the ass for my car, and no one has figured out the front brake issues.

So I’m going to have them send me back the ones they screwed up (hopefully heavily discounted).

I would just order another set from someone else, but they’d have to be custom made, and I can’t wait another 6 months, I’ve got to get this car together NOW-ish.

Man, you’d think 15" rims with a -52 offset would be an in-stock item :wink:

Turns out Cheap Thrills in milton has a wheel drilling setup and it’s not going to break the bank.

Hub center is fine (these wheels are lug centric anyway) and I know the bolt patterns can co-exist. I have a set of Nismo rims with both 4 and 5x114 patterns cut into it.

MR200,

You are right, Cheap Thrills in Milton can do it and he doesn’t charge much at all. I had a set of Riken’s re-drilled from 5x110 to 5x114.3 and made hubcentric for a FC RX7. The work was done real good in my opinion and hasn’t had any problems to date.

Hey guys. I got 18’s which are 4x100 and need to get them drilled to 4x114??? Any Ideal who to talk too, and aprrox price???