rims size

im looking into buying sportmax 962 17x7 in front with 40 offset and 17x9 with 35 offset in rear. I know im going to need wider wheel wheels in the back for sure, does any one know where i can get those. And also well the ones in the front fit without scraping the lip. Im just wondering because I want my car to be track legal and I know if the tires scrap the wheel well they wont let me on the track.

you want a 7" with a 40offest in the front?? that will be Quite off from the rear tires and also a little thin, you will not be able to run anything more then 225 in the front.

go with a 8" 30-35 offset for the front and make the rears about a 30-25 offset

Sportmax rims suck and those are horrible sizes. First of all, each Sportmax rim weigh almost 30lbs! That is excessively heavy.

Secondly, if you have a 2 inch stagger on your front and rear rims, your car will understeer like crazy. The S13 chassis is prone to understeer so it would be best to run the same rim width all around.

Thirdly, rims with those sizes and offsets will be hella sunk, especially the fronts.

In my opinion, you should find another set of lighter rims in 179 +20 in the front and 179 +15 in the rear. That would look and handle perfect but you will probably have to play with your alignment, roll the your fenders and get slightly stretched tires to get them to fit.

well im just looking for nice 17’s 18’s at most 5 spoke and deep dish, i want at least a 1 inch lip, any suggestions?

If you save up a bit, you should get the new Work XD9. They have awsome four lug sizing in same size all around, width staggered and diameter staggered.

http://www.aspecproducts.com/forums/zilvia/work/XD9.jpg

Here is the sizing chart:

http://www.aspecproducts.com/forums/zilvia/work/XD9_size.jpg

They are a little pricey though. Something around $1800 CDN if you preorder them. In terms of value, go for some 5Zigen FN01RC (you can get 17*9+20 in 4 lug. Not much lip though) or Falken Hanabis (same size as FN but look homosexual).