road racing?

where is the road racing events located and how can i start , i would be a beginner…

beaverun.com

When you say road racing, do you mean lapping days? Or actual wheel to wheel road racing? Lapping days just go look on beaveruns website for when they have their ‘flat out’ days. They’ll put you in a beginner group and set you up with a instructor.

If your talking going wheel to wheel, thats far more involved. You’ll need a race car with full saftey gear, cage, etc. Not to mention something to haul that car with (truck & trailer). If you answered all of that correctly, next would be to attend a SCCA drivers school in the spring. If you pass you get signed off on your club racing license and that pretty much opens the door for you to go race wheel to wheel all over the place. Some more info if your curious.
http://www.steelcities-scca.org/RoadRacing/index.html

well , id like to do both , i have a truck and a enclosed trailer , the car does not have a full cage but that would not take me long

Definately look at the flat out days at Beaverun. Do some of those to get some seat time under your belt this summer and go from there.

Yea start with the flat out days. Consider getting a roll bar, and with beaverun make sure your brakes are up to snuff.

When you get into road racing there are several classes obviously, some more expensive than others. Best advice that I hear constantly is buy a race car that someone else has already built. Its worlds cheaper to buy something that someone else has spent all the time building and setting up. And it pays off the first time you bounce it off a wall since once again, your initial investment is less. I’ve seen people buy improved touring (IT) prepared cars with a full set of spares (motor, several sets of wheels, spare bits and sometimes even a trailer for 5-6k if you shop around. Once you spend some time learning the tricks of the trade and smashing up that car, then you can go ahead and build something you like. Buying somebody else’s ride isn’t preferred :v8killer: but in road racing its pretty common. The easy (and cheaper) classes to get into are any of the IT classes, spec miata, and maybe some of the American sedan (pony cars) or showroom stock cars. This might help a little more…
http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=43

I’d post a link to NASA but they abandon running around this area a few years ago.