Rolex 24Hr Daytona 2007 thread

So for those of you living under a rock, one of the biggest endurance races in the USA takes place this weekend:

Qualifying Results

Here are the local boys:

57 43 GT 32 Wayne Nonnamaker Team Sahlen / Corvette 1:58.682 107.986 HRPworld.com/ GOJO/ Hawk

57th overall, 19th in GT.

I was also looking at the GT class rules here:

http://www.grandamerican.com/CONTENT/Docs/PDF/Rules/2007/GTRules.pdf

1)What’s this “prep1” and “prep2” stuff? Which is the team going with, and what would be the advantage (if any? doesn’t seem like there is one) of running prep 2?

1. Are these motors really bone stock sans blueprinting, or can they massage a bit?

2. What kind of output difference is there between the LS6 and an LS2 with “spec cams” ?

Hopefully they have a good debut for their new car. Going from p-car to a vette has to have some learning curve involved.

Or maybe one of these days they will drop the Nonnamaker boys and get some good drivers.

Yeah, they’ll have to adapt to going faster and having the car handle correctly… :lolsign:

i really want to actually go to this race someday.

Considering the nonamaker guys are 90% of the team. and Will & Wayne are pretty damn good drivers. I dont see that happeing any time soon.

you might want to watch a race or two before you judge someones driving ability. We all cant be the best drivers in the world like you tom.

Ive seen some amazing runs to the checkerd with the nonamakers behind the wheel. quite a few podium finishes and a few tough breaks. I give them alot of credit keeping at times 7 cars competitivly prepped with the budget provided.

Its a whole different story this year with a smaller more focused Team specalizing in GT

im just wondering what happend to the other vette… didnt post a qualifiying time.

well just got off the phone with my father. and the second vette was a healthy scratch. Just signed up for cheap practice time. and is being left as a donor parts car for the 24 hour race. They had trouble twice with the car twisting off half shafts. two broken already. Dunno how many they have in the trailer.

Some of it will actually be shown on Fox today as well. I believe 1pm with the rest being shown on Speed.

you are correct. the start is on fox. with speed having update shows thruout the day. nite and sunday morning.

well under further review. FOX Sports.

paul tracy & helio castroneves… in the same car… LOL.

ITs on NOW kiddies.

Scott Pruett and company brought it home

Says the diesel VW driver :lolsign:

Hey dozer hat to break it to you but the Nonnamaker’s own the cars then i dought HIGHLY that they would dump them. just for everyone’s Information it is Joe Sahlen that is the local driver. Also there was another buffaloien, But he is going to college in Albany. Eric Lux. Driving for Taffle racing.

Yeah, Eric used to go-kart race with a few peeps here. Got a few glimpses of him during the broadcast. Is he running full season or just a few races here and there?

i talked to eric on the phone right after the 24. he has a ride with tafel (sp?) for the season. they placed so far back (19th i believe) due to a punctured radiator and a couple shock failures.

Yup i was in the garage when he came tried to talk was there. Just got a breaf explantion he was pissed! o well, he started at Team Sahlen then went tafel (sp).