Rolling fenders anyone??

I’ve been putting it off for too long so now i’m just wondering is there anyone here who can do this professionally or know of anyone who can? The only thing that worries me is the passenger side rear has some filler on the outside and don’t want it to crack or anything. If you can help in this area please let me know.

When bending painted metal you always risk cracking the paint. I have rolled and pulled a lot of fenders, some with body Filler and shit usually cracks. That being said it depends on how aggressive you want the roll/pull.

Heat is your friend.

Heat doesn’t matter if there’s filler/bondo there. We roll fenders all the time at swerve. If you want call the shop and set up something for during the week. 716-685-8600. There’s no gaurentee’s that the paint won’t chip or crack if there’s work that’s been done to the fender itself, especially it the car is older the metal gets a little more hard to work.

I did mine today, I just wanted to bend the lip though, so it wasnt very aggressive. I heated up the metal and it bent with no chipping at all

check out the vendor section of the forum and give swerve a call.

You can rent a roller from us!

Ian, how much for the rental?

$25 For the day, you’ll just have to put a deposit on the roller, that you’ll get back when you bring it back in.

-Ian

If there is filler in the fender, say good bye to that fender. You will ALWAYS crack the base on a filler.

Your best bet is to cut it as much as possible, as a cut won’t apply any pressure. Unless you plan to repaint your 1/4s.

Just keep in mind, when when you do a gradual roll, the sheet metal flexes all the way up to the C pillar.