Roofing / House Help

I’m looking to put a roof on my house this year, I got a quote from a local guy but he installs IKO shingles and a quick search on roofing.com shows they are garbage.

I’m looking for a reputable roofer who deals with GAF or Certainteed materials and is reputable and honest.

Also what kind / type of windows should I be looking to install. Seems Window World doesn’t have the greatest rep. Any idea there guys? I don’t want a cheap window and I don’t want a multi million dollar window either. There are 16 windows that need to be done, normal size, and 1 bay window in case that helps.

Thanks in advance guys. :thumbup

Amazin Glass Co Of Albany

599 Livingston AveAlbany,NY12206

Local: 518-462-3666

I may have a roofer that can do the job. If you live in Duanesburg you may know him. His name is Kevin Bubb. He will be at my house monday doing some metal work on a window i just installed. I will talk to him then. Also check grossmans for your windows. If your lucky they may have them in stock. They are a chepo depot but they sell windows that were ordered wrong or overstocked so they are quality. I just got a Jeld-Wen double glass window for my parents kitchen for $118. It was a large window too so it was a great price. Definetly worth a call to them.

Huff N Puff sells good windows too. Most of the windows in my house came from there several years ago and theyre holding up well.

Wayne, My father is a Roofer… I sent you a PM…

roofing is fun and east shit.

I will try to get the name of the place where i got all my replacement windows from. I spent about 3500-4000 on all the new windows in my house.

Yah man, my buddy and I did his roof last year and it looks great, wasn’t hard at all. I dont know if you have alot of time, but if you wanted to you could definitely do it yourself

if your looking to do windows, my work sells them, we just recieved a shipment of very nice windows, if you want i can give you a little break, maybe say around 80 bucks a pop on the windows, thats if we have your sizes, most windows are double-hung, low-e windows too. We also carry bays for about 400. Just PM me if your interested

by the way, IKO’s are one of the worst shingles around haha

wayne, my pops says you should do the roof yourself if your a true badass

wayne get ahold of me on the window’s i’ll take ya directly to the man. when he gets back from vacation .

as for the roof get ahold of Quinn’s roofing tell him i sent ya …

feel free to buzz me Wayne.

where do you work at bro?

i’m scared shitless of heights, and i’m still strengthening my knee from surgery, so I don’t want to chance a fall. wayne = puss.

i will be talking with you, how you been anyway bro?!

Jammer I’ll give you a ring on monday some time if that’s cool.

Thanks to everyone that has responded, I will definitely at least have a few more options for quotes anyway. I would like to install the windows myself, from what I hear it’s pretty easy shit.

they vacation alot… this time they left dummy home alone :ahh

If you want some help with the windows send me a pm. I live on Rt 7 as well and wouldnt mind swinging down and giving an experienced hand. :thumbup

Wayne, remember my father is a contractor son! CALL HIM! 518-441-6534

oh shit i forgot all about that J, good looking out bro! I’ll give him a shout tomorrow!

I hear that… the old man stopped in to visit me b4 they left. told me some good stories about dummy.

i watch the news every night looking for house explosions in the colonie area:rofl

should i be worried??? :ohnoes

for my parents and brother YES !!!

for u no!!!:lol

Let me know what u want to do with the windows. i can give ya a hand with the measuring, install’s and what. then we can get ya sum price’s.

Not that i know anything about the glass businees or anything.:ninja