rotor cap wiring situation

I messed up my car it seems. The car was starting fine, but I noticed the rotor cap was on opposite (as in the screw holes only matched up on one side. So I took it off and put it on proper and now it doesn’t start. Determined to fine the reason for this I the took out that peace that rotates the rotor and put it back in hoping for it to be the reason for it not starting when the cap was on proper. Any way now the car won’t start putting the cap on backwards or proper. I’ve tried many times putting it back together and it doesn’t make any sense to me. And yes the coil and sparkplug wires are going to the right spark plugs. Is there any certain way that the peace that turns the rotor needs to be put in, any timing dots or something? Any help would be good thanks

so u guys got nothign, eh???

Well I’ve traced it down to faulty rotor cap, seems theirs spark from coil but it doesn’t go threw the cap, ill have to get one tomorrow.

Haha I’ll make my own thread, just me, I don’t care, ill answer my own questions :smiley:

Well apparently it wasn’t the rotor cap but instead the peace that spins the rotor was so off set that it was sparking in-between the rotor cap terminals causing no spark to the plugs at all. After a few putting ins and lining ups with a pen mark, it started up just fine and is now driving ten times better I’m pretty sure it was post detonating before. If someone’s stupid enough to do what I did, now they shall know what to do. Assuming any of this made any sense.