RPM's

that makes NO SENSE or just i dont understand what your trying to say! the long gear transmissions were the D-series Trannys… the B16 (SIR) tranny was the shortest of the b-series, then the B18 (GSR) tranny and then finally the B18 (LS) was the longest… they all had a differents of like 10-15km/h in top speed… and with a V-tech controller you can change the RPM point of where the V-tech activates!!!

[QUOTE=noopdogg;282403]Im bashing vtec (not iVTEC) because they make no usable torque. There is absolutely no need to go upto 7k rpm to reach maximum power. If you still think that is not a good reason to bash them. There are people who swap regular non vtec motors like a b18,b20z to the short geared transmissions used by vtec motors, and they achieve better times at the track.

You know what, its ok. You KA-T that S14 AND BURY tHAT NEEDLE TO 8K :slight_smile:

lol okay kool sounds like a plan!!

Honda makes better engines. honda engines r more efficient. honda vtec engines make high hp power at high rpms and r very fuel efficient at low rpms. the KA is almost a truck engine. I own a KAde 240sx now but had a jdm d15b civic variant n integra dohc vtec before. No VTC(nissan) or VVT(toyota) r not the same as VTEC. I would rather have a honda 240sx with a 240hp f20c from s2000, as nissan has better drivetrain

then it’s settled…

Honda = peak fuel efficiency, no torque, high revs for power

just remember when it comes to N/A engines.

…no replacement for displacement :wink:

All most all of you in this thread no nothen of engines or drivetrains and should have never posted in this thread. What makes a engine a truck engine?? Whats stopping the ka from revving to 8000rpm?? I known of ka’s built to rev over 8000rpm. Pantaloos stop posting in tech.

Um, the KA was built as a truck engine, several people made fairly relevant comments, and a built KA would likely hold 8K, but a stock one will die in short order, besides the fact that they aren’t designed to make power in that RPM range.

Troll.

^ your the same guy who couldn’t get his SR started. Fool. Whats the characteristic a truck engine?? Humm…there are none. Take some weight of the crank, balancing, solid lifters and cams and the KA can do it all day long. The nissan 3.5L was in the pathfinder before the 350z. Does that make it a truck engine??? No. Saying the ka is a truck engine is just a ignorant comment idiots make. It’s funny that you want to jump up like a superhero with the lil knowledge you have.

bahaha - Nate is on a tear.

Ya, cause it isn’t funny dan. The blind is leading the blind.

you know what?! i didnt think of it like that before! your a smart person!! and in that gave me some advice i would need to achieve, what im looking for…

Im really starting to think there are maybe a handful of people on this board that actually know what they are talking about and the rest of you guys are posting for the sake of posting.

If you have the slightest doubt about your information or you read it somewhere else online dont post!

why you say that?

best advice ever

Fail.

Fail.

Fail.

trying to get your post count up eh!!.. all im going to say is that if someone believes that they’re right about their theory of making power let them because just maybe its working for them and there research as lead them to believe thats the proper way of making desired power… keep posting!! cause even if you make 1HP more your theory technically works!

DegrassiJuniorHighFTL, do you realize how annoying and useless your posts are on this forum?

you, sir, FAIL!

Wait a minute.

You can say someones wrong without attacking them personally.

1/2 truths aren’t really advise but points of interest the OP should investigate.