RPM's

You fail you sissy little bitch. A 2.4ltr IVTEC puts out 160hp @ 5500rpm & 160tq @ 4500rpm pretty much even with a 2.4ltr KADE just it gets better mileage and responds better to mods. Why are you posting useless shit here anyways? Fag.

Its all in how the engine is Built, to where it makes its power.

You can make a engine to have all the power down low and has no power high up.

you can build a engine that makes good midrange power and not too bad top end. but you loose a lil bit of low end.

You can build a engine that screams and makes good hp Up high in the rpms but you sacrifice all the low end in doing so.

This is where all the technology comes in. when engineers designed VTEC, VVT and other valvetrain cam,lobe changing devices. comes into affect.

with out explaining all the ins and outs of cam timing, duration and lift this is where you get all your low end. mid range and high end.

you cant have a high reving engine that makes huge hi rpm power Idle real nice. this is why honda and other companys use 2 sets of lobes on there cams. So the engine can change the lobe to a hi lift long duration cam for hi rpm and switch back to the short duration and low lift cam for Lower rpm and have a excellent idle and good emisions.

In my old eclipse GSX I have a 280 cam in it. It idled Like poo… (but I loved it) especially when people didnt think my car was runnning right. btu the high end was amazing. Used to fall flat on its face after 5000k… with these cams, I found my self bouncing off the 8k limiter all the time cause it just wanted to pull soo hard past 8k…

This being said. if your car is stock valvetrain theres no point even bringin to to such a hight rpm as its Out of its power band.

If you build the engine for High rpm power then thats where it makes it.

You might as well adjust to driving at a lower RPM now as your with out a vtecing honda. lol

But noopdog you should look at where these 2 engines make there power RPM wise. the IVTEC will make it alot higher in the rpm range as oppose to the 2.4 that will make it alot lower. and where its more useable really.

But just a FYI the 2.4L IVTEC or K24 makes 200hp…

Most every day drivers are not going to rev there engine to 6k all the time just to goto the next stop light.