RPS13 Clunking rear end.

My gf’s rps13 has a clunking noise coming from the rear end when the car begins to move forward. It’s like something is loose before pressure from the driveline clunks said loose part into place. Car also clunks on hard decel too.

I’m hoping this isn’t anything major, like a busted diff.

Anyone heard of this being common? I suspect the driveshaft carrier bearing, but was wondering if any of you have some ideas as to where I can poke around for the noise.

Any help is appreciated, sorry for being so vague.

Worn out subframe bushings can make clunking noises.

get that shit on the jack stands and get under there. Grab the drive shaft with your hand to see if u joints or center berring are good. Also get another person to go and grab one of the rear wheels while you do the same on the other side. Turn in oppisit dirrections back and forth. Also try to turn both wheels in the same direction. If when your doing that and it suddonly stops then you have a broken ring gear or side gears. Aslo grab the axles and give them a shake and see if ther is any abnormal play or slop in them. If you need any parts like diff/axles/driveshaft/subframe I have them all. Give me a shout if I can help :slight_smile:

Thanks for the ideas.

I’m gonna get to it hopefully next weekend, then jdms13rhd you’ll know if I need a new lsd…