RT 28 and construction

I’m so tired of this crap and I don’t even use it that often, I feel bad for you all that are forced to use 28.

What I don’t get is why our planning commission doesn’t designate money towards fixing the flooding issues and instead has decided to add another lane onto 28 for mall traffic to the Pittsburgh Mills – um – nobody goes to that mall. THERE IS NO FUCKING TRAFFIC.

From what I’m hearing – there was another rock slide on 28 (be prepared to SIT in traffic on the other side of the bridge b/c of this) and they still have it closed to one lane in each direction on the lower part.

Sharpsburg is closed on main street from 18th down to 1st and I’m pretty sure that Etna/Millvale is still closed off to residents only.

/RANT

Yeah dude. I drive 28 every damn day to work. It’s retarded. This isn’t what I wanted to hear either because I have to go back to work later. Bah.

yeah 28 sucks. by far the worse road in the world.

and I get to drive on it to get anywhere from this poop hole I live in.

good thing I didnt take a recent job offer in Harmar… driving from Kittanning to Harmar everyday would suck.

Looks like I need to go around 28 if I head out that way tonight.

Anyone got a suggested alternative route coming from near Washpaw, PA?

where are you going

Slightly past turnpike by da’Mills. Might be better to go from Washpaw to New Stanton and up t-pike?

either go rt8 and cut across. turnpike then up freeport rd

um, acutally there should have been three lanes for awhile up here, even before that mall. at rush hour there is traffic all the way up to the first natrona heights exit.

dude if ur going tonite go 28. 28 from pittsburgh is still 2 lanes, and at nite there isnt much traffic on it. unless ur going rush hour. the mills is in my back yard

i drive from brentwood to indiana and in the am i take 28 to 422. i’m driving early in the am. i leave just before 6 and 28 traffic really isn’t bad at all BUT for those unlucky folks going into the city it’s a whole other story. in the afternoons i take 286 to 386 to 22 to 376 to liberty bridge or sometimes glenwood i think it is and go through sout side. about 1.5 hrs in the am and 2hrs on the way home

I fucking hate 28. The road from hell. I stopped using it when they started the construction this year. I either go down Saxonburg Blvd to Rt8, or just take Rt8 all the way in. Either way is about the same amount of time, depends if i want to go 4 lane or 2 lane with lots of fun curves.

I’ve sure we’ve seen each other before. I still take Rt.28 on the way in since my exit is Harmerville and the wait isn’t to bad. But coming home I’ve been taking saxonburg blvd. Though Kittanning street is a nice drive too. If I take the civic to work I’ll take Saxonburg both ways since its nice and paved now, and yea the curves are a bonus.

Back on topic, I can’t fucking wait for them to finish 28 :jerkit:

all of you guys saying 28 sucks… try driving 22 for a while, you will start to appriciate 28

I drive it everyday into town 8-5 from Sarver area. It needs 3 lanes during rush hour IMO. Don’t get me wrong, the rock slides need taken care of asap… but the road is a horror show during rush hours.

It is incredibly slow during rush hours and there’s no real reason for it. Either people see a cop chilling in the construction and freak out and go super slow, or they don’t merge into the lanes before the merge points and cause it to slow the hell up. In other words 90% of people driving 28 are idiots.

All of last week they had it one lane out bound for no good reason before harmervillle. It should not take 1:30 to get from downtown to sarver.

The title of this thread should be changed to “Pittsburgh and construction”.

Because of our continous road construction and poorly planned road system, we have WAY too much traffic for such a small population.

This is why I avoid 28 like the plague. i did not even consider any areas that were in the general vicinity of 28 when looking for jobs or buying a house.

28 needs an overhaul. It was in such poor condition before this construction, so this is well-needed.

Are you referring to the Freeport Bridge? I just sent some precast stuff out there. Intersection of 356 and 28.