Rubbers, trims, etc... whatever those are called!

I am wondering where would one get these? Are they available from Nissan.

What I am talking about is, around body pieces, around windows, around doors, around trunk, around rear lights or whatever wherever, around sunroof… etc… etc…

If they are in bad condition/old condition/ripped/painted over accidentally/WHATEVER are they available from Nissan NEW? Or something?

Plus how would they be removed/readded/etc…

I hope I’m making sense and you guys know what I’m talking about… all the rubber/plastic/black metal or whatever pieces that are fitted throughout the car in all the parts I mentioned above… I honestly don’t know what to call these so I’m loosely trying to describe them…

weather stripping

yes u can get them at nissan but they will charge u an arm and a leg. go to a shop that does windshields htey can get u the mouldings ur looking for for cheap. if u cant find any let me noe and ill cheak at my shop for u. it its an s14 ur going to be broke bro lol. good luck

its a 91 fastback not s14

I’m not just talking about the rubber lines between windows. I’m talking about those trim pieces… I don’t know what to even call this stuff… I’ll put some pictures up.

For instance the stuff around the sunroof, the plastics/metal whatever and rubbers as an example.

Go to the guy at the counter at your local gas station and ask him for rubbers, he’ll know exactly what you mean and hook you up.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1884/240sxhighlighted0cu.jpg

See this kinda stuff

call me crazy but I’m not down for buying rubbers from the gas station.

Shoppers drug mart is open late. :lol:

well i posted pics… so… u see what im talking about now?..

the only thing i can say is dont cheap out on the mouldings for the windshield because if u dont get the proper mouldings eventually rust will get under and in to the glass. jsut for the moulding ur going to need to spend about 100 give or take for that one moulding and the u have to buy urathane to seal it on.

call me crazy but I’m not down for buying rubbers from the gas station.

Shoppers drug mart is open late. :lol:[/quote]

i would have to agree :lol:

Someone once told me never sand down the whatever you call it peice that goes along the top of the side windows because its vinal…? Is this true? The guy who told me was painting the car and he sanded it screwing it up. said to me that this is why their black on S13s no matter the colour of the car is. Im not too sure. But if it is vinal i wonder how you change that. Ive seen rust bubbles on these sections so im not convinced its vinal…it was a older guy who told me this too… :? very confused.

no they’re not vynal, the paint has somewhat worn off on one of my 240’s its clearly metal

yeah so im still unclear on this stuff… yeah someone told me what those are is ‘moulds’ or something… see i dont know the namings…

while the rubber stuff thats inside not visible that diffuses sound/protects from water/etc… is weather stripping:

http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/images/weathersrip.gif

This kinda stuff is inside, not visible. It can get ripped or painted over if its not taken out, etc… but its kinda hidden anyways… that can be done by us all i think? Just cut the length and put it in (not quite sure what tools one would need id have to check it out i doubt one would want to do it by hand heh, but im not quite sure unless i checked it out…).

But the stuff i highlighted in my pic are metaly plasticy pieces… moulds… as I was told they are called.

I know I’m sounding kinda stupid complicated but its an unusual piece of a car that usually people dont think about so I just dont know what to call them… It’s the stuff outside the black stuff outside the car.

How would one go about making these moulds??.. how would one go about removing the ones on the car and then putting them back on?..

making it is risky if done wrong and if u take them off and wnat to reuse them u have to make sure there are no serious cracks in it. i say just buy them neew if u want i willget a price for u let me noe

Yah it’s a sticker. You don’t really change it, you just remove it, it’s painted underneith. You can see how a_ahmed does have them on his car and how it’s been painted before, from the overspray around the moldings.

All the moldings you want to buy you can get from the dealer. The trim pieces that go around the windsheild can’t be replaced without taking out the front windsheild. Places like apple auto glass will have an aftermarket molding you can use instead, that’s a lot cheaper than factory.