Rudy or Hilary?

Well first of all, we’re talking about a national election not a global election. Less than 1% of this nation is muslim.

Second, there hasn’t been a worse time in history for a muslim US president. We have been attacked and our feeling of safety shattered by muslims. We are fighting against muslims in several countries. Granted they are all extremists and don’t represent the true religion, but the masses don’t care about details like that.

I’m not saying that a muslim “shouldn’t” be president. Separation of church and state make it fundamentally irrelavent. I’m just saying it’s pretty obvious that there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell of it happening within the next 20 years.

Whether or not Obama is muslim is up for debate. :gotme:

Well, you make a good point BikerFry, I guess I have trouble seperating myself from the average citizen. I keep forgetting that our current blathering moron of a president was voted in twice.

But either way, none of this means ANYTHING as Obama is not a Muslim. He had a Kenyan father, who actually was not around at all for his childhood.

Haha yeah IMO if you can read and think, and choose to do both, you’re ahead of 80% of the country.

No hate here. You’re not basing your dislike based on some biased news report or some BS stereotype, you’re basing it off your real world experience that you gained fighting these people. You’ve earned every right to your opinion, regardless of the fact that the average American Muslim is nothing like extremist in the middle east blowing themselves up. However, the religion is not as “peaceful” as the PC crowd is trying to convince the world. All you have to do is look at the massive violent protests over the Muhammed cartoons to realize this religion does not wire people’s brains for peaceful negotiations.

He’s anti-gun, but no more than Clinton. The gun lobby is strong, the president will never change that. Rudy is a hell of a lot more pro-choice than any other candiate you’re going to see come out of the Republican nominations. He hardly had, “one great moment”. Do yourself a favor and read up a little bit about the history of NYC before Rudy took office. Cliff notes… it was a crime ridden shit hole where no one felt safe. He was a strong leader who got stuff done long before 9/11. Can he lead a nation… I’d say running a city that practically is a nation all by itself is better training that most politicians have.

No way I’ want the job. I’ve always said, if you’ve got the connections and money it takes to become president, why on earth would you ever want to be president?

Finally, I don’t care what other religions did 500 years ago. Everyone’s history is dirty. The US got here by almost exterminating the Native Americans. Take a look at world maps of history, and see the ever changing borders. I can guarantee most of them didn’t change through peaceful talks. What we need to look at is what religion is synonymous with terrorism TODAY, even if it’s a relative minority of that religion. It shouldn’t really matter for Obama though, since he’s not a Muslim anyway.

First off, i’m of no religion. I love none, thing they are all silly, but the actions of certian religions have me kinda pissed. True there were cruisades, but when in your, mine your fathers, mothers, grand fathers, or great grand fathers. Yea, thats what i thought. Those ass hats did terrible things, but that was then. Does that excuse these people from doing the same shit in the modern world. Does that give them a free pass.

I fought a RELIGION. A Religion, writen that no infidel should live, told by people high in the religious order, that they should kill, you me, and any other infidel if they can. The good people of this religion have REFUSED to say that the crazies of thier religion are truely evil. And allow them to do what the choose. To stand by and not act, is just as bad as acting. When is the last time a religious leader of the muslim faith has gotten on tv and told these people to stop. When has a high memebr in the order gotten on a building, and told these people that Alah doesn’t want this. They don’t, and their support is what keeps this BS happening. You need to open your eyes, see beyond your lilly white life, and see that this is a WAR. IF you keep denying that, some day it will be in your backyard. (course it already has been in our state, but we quickly forget that major point)

I think you need to learn more about him if you think 9/11 is all he ever did.

Rudolph William Giuliani was born in Brooklyn, New York. His father, Harold, had run afoul of the law as a young man, and after paying the consequences, worked hard to instill an unwavering respect for the law in his only child. To escape the influences of criminal acquaintances in the old neighborhood, Harold Giuliani moved the family from Brooklyn to the Long Island community of Garden City when his son was seven. Respect for the law and a sense of duty were reinforced by the extended family. Four of Rudolph Giuliani’s uncles were policemen, and another was a much-decorated captain in the New York Fire Department.
http://www.achievement.org/achievers/giu0/photos/giu0-007a.gif Giuliani majored in political science and philosophy at Manhattan College, and graduated magna cum laude from New York University School of Law in 1968. After receiving his law degree, he served as clerk to Federal District Court Judge Lloyd F. McMahon, who encouraged him to join the U.S. Attorney’s office. In 1970, Giuliani became an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York. He was soon named Chief of the Narcotics Unit and promoted to the position of Executive U.S. Attorney. In 1973, at age 29, he was put in charge of the highly publicized police-corruption cases arising from the Knapp Commission report. In 1975, he was appointed Associate Deputy Attorney General. He returned to New York in 1976 and became a partner in the law firm of Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler.
After practicing law for four years, Rudolph Giuliani was named Associate Attorney General in the new administration of President Ronald Reagan. As the third-highest-ranking member of the Department of Justice, he oversaw federal law enforcement agencies including the Bureau of Corrections, the Drug Enforcement Agency and the U.S. Marshal Service. In 1983 he was named U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York. As U.S. Attorney, he earned a national reputation for prosecuting mob bosses, corrupt politicians and Wall Street inside traders with equal zeal. In six years, he obtained 4,152 convictions; he was widely regarded as the most effective prosecutor in the country.
After leaving the Justice Department, his thoughts turned toward the state of his native city and what role he might play in its regeneration. Long troubled by violent street crime, New York City had been further ravaged by the crack cocaine epidemic. The city was considered a case study in urban decay, and was thought by many to be beyond repair. As Giuliani considered running for Mayor, he was often told that, as a Republican, he could never win election in an overwhelmingly Democratic city. In 1989 he lost his first race for Mayor by the closest margin in New York City’s history. As the city’s condition continued to decline, Giuliani resolved to run again. In the election of 1993, the race was also close, but the outcome was reversed. Rudolph Giuliani was elected the 107th Mayor of New York City, the first Republican to hold the post in 20 years.
http://www.achievement.org/achievers/giu0/photos/giu0-004a.gif When Giuliani took office, more than a million New Yorkers were on welfare – every seventh resident of the city. The new administration initiated the country’s largest “workfare” program, and over the next eight years, 691,000 people moved from the welfare rolls to work and self-sufficiency.
The new Mayor adopted the controversial “Broken Windows” theory of crime prevention, in which the smaller signs of disorder – such as graffiti and vandalism – are suppressed, to alter the perception that a neighborhood is out of control. Computer mapping enabled the New York Police Department to identify precise locations with the highest incidence of violent crime and direct their resources accordingly. In only two years, serious crime had been reduced by more than one-third and murder by almost half.
Many attributed the drop in crime to the improved national economy and declining national crime rates, but crime in New York continued to decline during an economic downturn, even while it rose in the rest of the country. While a few cases of police misconduct or excessive force received intense publicity, actual police shootings declined by 40 percent during Giuliani’s administration, and long overdue reforms reduced violence in the city jails by 95 percent. Over Giuliani’s eight years in office, New York’s crime rate fell by 57 percent, and the FBI rated New York as America’s safest large city.
Drawing on his past accomplishments as a prosecutor, Giuliani also moved to eradicate the influence of organized crime from the city’s commercial life. Hundreds of millions of dollars that had been routinely siphoned from the city’s economy by racketeers were returned to the legitimate sector. Income and property values rose throughout the city, and whole neighborhoods were redeveloped. With the improvement of the city’s economy, Giuliani was able to cut taxes while turning a $2.3 billion budget deficit into a multi-billion dollar surplus. After his first two closely-fought campaigns, Rudolph Giuliani was easily re-elected to a second term in 1997, carrying four of the city’s five boroughs.
http://www.achievement.org/achievers/giu0/photos/giu0-003a.gif From the beginning of his administration, Mayor Giuliani made a high priority of emergency preparedness, taking to heart the lessons of the first bombing of the World Trade Center in the year before he took office. He created an Office of Emergency Management to coordinate the efforts of the Police and Fire Departments, and ran drills for a variety of possible disasters, including plane crashes, bombings and attacks with Sarin gas or anthrax.
Barred by term limits from serving a third time as mayor, Giuliani was expected to run for the United States Senate, but in the Spring of 2000 his marriage was ending in a highly public divorce, and he announced that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer, the same disease that had killed his father. He withdrew from the Senate race and underwent months of radiation treatment. He recovered completely, and is now free of cancer, but in the autumn of 2000 it was assumed that Rudolph Giuliani’s role in the life of the City was coming to an end. The primary election to choose his possible successors was scheduled for September 11, 2001.
That morning, on hearing that a plane had hit one of the Twin Towers, and that a large fire had broken out, the Mayor rushed to the scene, arriving just after another plane hit the second tower. He saw fellow New Yorkers jump to their deaths from the flaming towers and saw old friends from the Fire Department as they charged into the burning buildings, never to be seen again.
The Mayor took charge of the emergency efforts from a nearby building, but when the second tower collapsed, the building was engulfed in a wave of dust, ash and debris. The Mayor, his staff, members of the press and other occupants of the crumbling building were trapped. After finding the basement exit blocked, Giuliani led his crew through the storm of ash and smoke to a firehouse several blocks away, where a detective pried the door open and the group found momentary safety.
http://www.achievement.org/achievers/giu0/photos/giu0-009a.gif Giuliani established a new command post at the Police Academy, where he remained for the next three days. The Mayor of New York took to the airwaves immediately, reassuring a shaken nation and giving honest, straightforward information about the ongoing rescue effort. Although nearly 3,000 people died in the attack, as many as 20,000 civilians were rescued from the collapsing buildings. While some advisors urged the Mayor to keep the city’s public places closed, Giuliani insisted that the New York’s signature institutions – Broadway theaters, the Stock Exchange and major league baseball – re-open within days of the attack.
In the days and months following the terrorist attacks, the Mayor’s commanding leadership earned him the admiration and respect of the international community and especially of the grief-stricken residents of New York City. In all, 23 police and 343 fire fighters lost their lives on September 11, and the Mayor made a point of attending as many of their funerals and memorial services as possible – over 200 in the months that followed. Rudolph Giuliani left office at midnight, as 2001 turned to 2002. His last official act as Mayor was to set the giant ball rolling in Times Square to signal the start of the new year. Today, he is the President of Giuliani Partners, a New York-based consulting firm specializing in security, preparedness, and crisis-management. In the years to come, Rudolph Giuliani may seek public office again, but whatever the future brings, he will always be remembered as the greatest mayor in the long history of New York City.

Just becuase rudy turned one city around doesnt mean he can run the entire fucking country.

You people act like hes some god for making NYC better than it was. Becaues it was in such a state of shit, its not hard to add more cops, fix up the roads and subways.

And it gives him absolutely NO international skill. If you want to see the U.S. go down the tubes, go right ahead and vote for Rudy

while i try not to agree with jays on anything or republicans for that matter what rudy did in NYC is nothing short of remarkable you are looking at a city that was not only a shit hole but the target of a terrorist attack of unimaginable proportions first to turn a city around like he did an manage to keep total anarchy from occuring and reverting the city to the way it was post 9/11 is quite impressive. That being said i am not sure he is the right leader for this country.

That being said im not sold on the idea of a black president or a female president for that matter out country is in far too much turmoil to start making history changing decisions right now. If the previous president wasnt a moron an things were more in order i would be all for it, but in all reality the next president is set up for disaster trying to clean up bush’s folies. He will be hated by half the country if he leaves our troops in the middle east, and the other half will dispise him or her if they are brought home. It could have the ramifications as the first and only black or female president due to that.

It would seem that all three arent ready to be the president yet, but i think Edwards/Obama may be the winner, If things work out that way

Rudy all day

Obama is very likable. Edwards is a slime ball plaintiff’s attorney. Edwards is the guy with no accomplishments other than making a lot of $$$ in a very questioanble (though legal) manner. If you don’t agree, compare what he has done in his life to ANY of the other candidates. He is a slick meister with no substance and a $400 haircut.

+1. And if people want to argue job experience, does Obama’s whopping 1/2 term in the US Senate really qualify him to be president? His first and only other governmental experience was to the Illinois Senate in 1996.

Hence my post a long time ago, I think he will be good buy he is not ready, he would be better of running as a VP for another candidate, mostly for a learning experience.

First off you where not fighting a religion, read the Qur’an, you will find the truth, what you were fighting was a minority faction of the whole belief. “The good people” of the religion has stood up saying that death is wrong. You lived through some horrors, which very much skewed your views on the truth. This is no different that someone growing up in the Bronx, south side of Chi, or south central LA saying all blacks do nothing all day and just kill to get there way. You saw a small percentage and applied it to a majority of people. Also not sure if you truly can understand a religion, but Jesus was considered a Muslim, a Jew, etc… learn about religions before you stated them.

AND JESUS CHRIST BARACK IS NOT MUSLIM, HAVING A MUSLIM FATHER THAT DID NOT RAISE YOU DOES NOT MAKE YOU MUSLIM

I’d vote for Rudy because I think this country is ready for closeted gay president.

Baby steps.

Muslim father in most peoples eyes = muslim.
Not saying i agree with it. but it will never happen.

oh and Fuck rudy

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/myfast_svt/dmanliberals.jpg