Ruptured Clutch Line

I replaced the master and slave clutch cylinders on my s13, and everything was going peachy. The other day it completely ruptured the larger diameter clutch hard line that is hooked up to the block with the second bleeder.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb200/R_T_photo/clutchline.jpg

I was looking at this line, and I can not understand why this loop even belongs in the system, except to hold lots of air and make it a pain in the butt to bleed it. Is it there to pressurize the line? It looks completely redundant to me. I looked in my FSM and it didn’t say anything about this line. I’m not a hydraulics expert so I’m a bit confused.

Anyway, am I able to order this section of clutch line from NAPA or from the dealer? If so, is there a part number for this thing?

connect the hardline from the master cylinder directly to the rubber line on the slave… bleed the slave and you’re done.

that box isn’t needed…

Yep.

It’s a clutch dampener. It’s supposed to make your clutch effort super soft, so you feel like you’re really driving a cloud.

No harm in tossing it. But if your clutch line ruptured, I’d be concerned about the brake lines doing the same. They look pretty sketchy.