Rust prevention/inhibitor. maybe POR15

I’ve got a few little rust spots starting on the frame that I want to nip in the bud asap. I’ve been to napa and asked about POR15 as I’ve read that it does a very good job.

Any way I didn’t find it. does anyone know of a similar product that is more readily available in canada ?

thanks

James

I can get you POR15, i know the canadian dealer for it.

awsome, how much is the stuff ? I could really use some right now lol.

James

Is this stuff heat resistant? I have a new exhaust system that was put on last summer and it already has a bit of rust on it (damn road salt). Would it work as an undercoat? Or is there better stuff. Or would I be better off sticking to a shop to do it.

Not sure of the heat temperature, I would think so. My buddy has his block painted with it and I’m sure that gets decently hot. As for undercoating your car, por15 would be better than any other product you could use.

how does this thing work, i love it, and not expensive at all
if i am planning to paint the whole car, should i use the pro15 to prime my car as a base and then put the cover color on? how many gallon should i need for the whole car?
and what about the underbody, which pro15 should i use and how?
also for engine bay, since i can’t take out the wngine and paint it, so i have to use a brush or what?

how much can u guys get them for?

that shit is heavy.

Where can you purchase this stuff?

Is there a way besides ordering online?

To anyone that wants POR15… It is sold by my friends dad and uncle (canadian dealer) at :

Steven’s Auto Electric & Machine
591 Main Street, Grimsby/Winona (its on the border), ON N4W1A8
(905) 643-3965

He has all sorts of different kinds of POR15 as well as colours. The stuff is expensive I forget off the top of my head the price, but this stuff works wonders. If you use the “metal ready” POR15 to ready the area followed by the actual paint POR15 your shit will never rust again so it is worth the price. He sells quarts and gallons as I remember. The shop is open 8-5 monday-friday and his name is Jamie.

The product bonds to the metal and completely seals, which means no air. Air and water= rust, so you get the point. As for painting the car? Im not sure if the POR15 primer is specifically designed for POR15 paint or not, but I’m sure that would work. You can call and ask jamie, he knows all about the stuff. There is actual chassis paint you can buy though. And for your engine bay your going to have to use a brush, as it doesn’t come in spray cans, its heavy stuff.

how heavy are they?
but do u guys think its worth it to paint the body and underbody with these, if for sure theres gonna be no rust anymore, i really think thats worth it