RX400H > Cobalt SS

Im at a stop light and a kid in a black SS (notice all 16 year olds get one of these on their Birthday in MI) pulls up into the right lane which ends shortly after the light. I looked over and it looked like he had just tire shined his winter tires (155’s maybe) on steelies as he inched closer to the light.
The light turned, I gassed it, his reaction time was humorous. He tired to chase (tires chirping), but he couldn’t catch the 3 engine powar.

Nothing like winter ride killing.

Nice

nice job ron… picking on the little guys as always

ive launched my SS from a dig once…never again…couldnt catch any traction…that or the clutch was slipping lol

the clutch on your brand new car should not be slipping esp. on a stock ss cobalt

Total axle torque at launch (that is, after torque multiplication through gearing) is 3500 lb.-ft.
0-60 time of 7.3 seconds

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=1869

I am not a tree hugger but when you strap two additional electric engines (one to each axle) as power adders it definitly adds some fun to the drive experience.

Side note: handling and braking are disappointing

after checking online the 0-60 on an SS is 6.1 so the kid must have sucked at driving or given up after spinning

the 400h is fast pretty light on its feet for a HSUV. but its ERIE AS HELL cause the thing makes no noise.

ron, when did you pick up one of those torque machines?

haha nice. I like when kids try and race me in my wifes SUV (RX350awd) and lose. Its pretty fun to beat up on people with SUV’s.

[quote=“Willybeen,post:5,topic:38762"”]

the clutch on your brand new car should not be slipping esp. on a stock ss cobalt

[/quote]

lol, you would think that, but you’d be wrong.

it was prob a non supercharged SS. the NA 2.4 one that just looks faster that my sister drives but is<200 HP and runs 16’s. did you hear any blower whine?

[quote=“JDMR2,post:9,topic:38762"”]

ron, when did you pick up one of those torque machines?

[/quote]

Long story, I’m driving it but I don’t own it.
I will be home all next week, we will have to meet up.
If it’s nice out I will have to wake the V up.

[quote=“SoloIIscoob,post:8,topic:38762"”]

the 400h is fast pretty light on its feet for a HSUV. but its ERIE AS HELL cause the thing makes no noise.

[/quote]

+1, guy I work got one a while ago, I think one of the first ones around. Anyways, I wa simpressed with the cvt, and the pickup.

[quote=“BigRon,post:13,topic:38762"”]

Long story, I’m driving it but I don’t own it.
I will be home all next week, we will have to meet up.
If it’s nice out I will have to wake the V up.

[/quote]

score, i told lyndsay last night you’d be home next week, so im sure she’ll be down for hanging out too :tspry: