S&G's - 14 seconds?

Never been to a track, but judging by this video I made, how do you think I’d do? Low 14’s? Worse? Edmunds lists the car at 14.9, but I’ve heard some times people can’t replicate numbers or get better numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6BzJ49rSvQ

Maybe a little faster then 14.9 but your car wasnt meant for 1/4 time… I worked for Infinity for a little while, beat the shit out of every car on the lineup lol, imo theyre terribly slow off the line, the only car with a decent take off was the fx50.

Sell your m and buy THIS m :slight_smile: http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/2014107344.html

You’d def break 14.9 in that fucker lol

C&D ran a 14.8 @ 96 in my SER and I ran a 14.5x @ 97.6-97.7 my first time ever down a dragstrip in any car ever at the age of 16 bone stock with only a slight tire upgrade so I completely ignore magazine times.

Yeah this car is bone stock with crappy ass tires. And it’s a heavy pig since it’s AWD. I just was curious.

As far as that M. I’ve heard of it. lol. I’m okay with the 275hp I have now. lol. I dunno if I’d be able to drive normally with 500hp lol.

your car is a economy family grocery getter. It was designed to be comfortable and smooth. 275hp in a 4000+lb car isnt going to move all that well down the drag strip

Especially since it takes almost a half of a second once your foot is floored on the gas for the thing to even take off lol… At least with the auto’s which is ALL infinity has exept for the g37’s

pimp ass car none the less… Ilya, does yours have the air conditioned seats or just heated? Forgot what yr they came out with the a/c seats

Yes, mine has the climate controlled seats. The fronts were standard on every M 06+. The rears were part of the advanced tech package, which I don’t have.

My M is base except for the 8 speaker system (base is 6 speakers). No intelligent cruise, no 14 speakers, no reclining rear seats with climate control, no DVD entertainment system, and no OEM HID/AFS lights (turn when you turn). Dunno what else I’m missing, but that’s the gist of the packages I think.

Off topic but I’ve Always loved the back up cams on the Infinity’s, never seen one clearer on any car.

Not just cleaner, but it tells you where your car will end up.

You can see it in the other videos I made when I first unboxed the camera. Little orange box.

EDIT: Forgot, you already knew that as you drove a lot of them lol.

word lol, I kinda dislike the “guide lines” lol, but to each his own.

Really? I set my passenger mirror to tilt down (because on such a big car, it’s hard to see the other side - especially curbs) so I can see the parking spot line or curb and then I use the camera to guesstimate while checking the distance on my side. I literally say, “Like a glove” everytime I park lol.

In case you don’t know the “like a glove” reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fToRej14lCQ (1:20)

It’s so far from an “economy” anything… I wouldn’t call it slow either, most cars on the road are 16-18 sec cars.

Yeah, it’s not exactly economy. For a 4000lb car, it moves IMO. Not to mention to be an ‘economy car’ I think it would need to get at least 22mpg in the city. I’m lucky if I get 25mpg on the highway lol. I’m about 18/23 which is the EPA estimate IIRC. Sometimes I can get it to 25.

I’d say this is definitely a performance luxury car, with more of the effort having been put into the luxury. Although, the M45 (V8) is no slouch at 330hp and the new M56’s are crazy at 420HP (while weighing basically as much as mine at around 4,000lbs).

Probably my next car in a couple of years when it’s nearing the end of it’s model and being replaced by the next generation:

i love the guide lines, it was sooooo easy park nissans at work, it’s mindless

i didnt read one word in here but… NO

maybe in your area in the middle of no where lol

here in clifton park, Corvettes make up 40% of the traffic along with Mustangs

thats the vicinity where i get runs in haha

there is cops everywhere too…

LOLWUT?

No they don’t. Even if they did, most of the Mustangs are of the V6 variety.

What do Corvettes and Mustangs have to do with anything (I’m pretty sure not even 50% of the cars up north are either of those)? The M is a pretty quick car for it’s size and for what it is (a luxury car with some oomf). And that’s not even the V8 model. As JDaniels said, I’d be able to walk 90% of the cars that pulled up to me at a light. This IS one of the quicker cars owned by the general public. Is it fast compared to a modified car? No, obviously not. But stock for stock, it’s not that bad IMO. I wish I could have found a V8 locally, but I wasn’t able to.