S13 Problems

Hey guys,

I’m having a few issues with my 92 S13 lately. My rear defog keeps blowing its fuses when I turn it on. It will come on briefly (maybe a second or two) but no matter how many times I replace the fuses they will blow shortly after. My other issue is that my fuel pump will fuse is also blowing when I try to start the car, however if I get out and replace the fuse the car will start, this does not happen 100% of the time but a good 80% of the time. Can anyone give me any insight where to check for solutions?

Thanks a alot.
Jake

sound like a short somewhere in the harness in the rear of the car. start by getting a wiring diagram and check the circuits.

Short somewhere. Same sorta thing happened with my power folding mirrors. It used to pop fuses until I found the wire grounding out against another in my harness.

Yup all sorted thanks guys… The harness in the trunk of the car connecting to fuel pump was all gunked up… a good clean and the it’s all good! Thanks for the help!!

im confused on how that solved your issue? that connector only controls the fuel pump. and that “gunk” is actually grease put there from factory to prevent corrosion.