S13 SR swap time?

not sure if this is the right section for this Q
but w/e

i’m planning to do a SR swap on my S13
and alrdy starting finding parts for it

i know i’ll need about 3 hours or less to take out the KA
but i have no idea how much time will i need to prep teh engien bay and do the mods needed for a SR, and make it run…

thx in advance

doing this from a clip or motorset?

i havn’t got the engine yet
but i’m going to get a engine set instead of a frt clip cuz i have no room for a clip at my work place
and yea forgot to mention my car is a 91’ w/ KA24DE

well if buying a motor set just make sure everything is there and intact. i would suggest also changing the belts on the motor, and new motor mounts unless yours are in really good shape. **and check or replace your clutch before you put the motor in don’t just trust it lol. there is quite a few more steps but all in all its a pretty easy swap from s13 ka to s13 SR any questions you might have i can give you some more info just PM me.

thx
i alrdy have those inmind for the swap
but i’m more interested to know the time require for this job

is anybody helping you? and do you have all the tools and a garage? i would say if your not installing a front mount (might take some more time for fitment) i would alot at least 3-4days to swap it. just to make sure you get everything out cleaned,wiring in, and motor running good depending on how long you work on it each day. also if you have someone who has done it before it will go alot quicker. mine took me a whille to do by myself but know that i have done it i could prolly do it in a weekend or less.

oh nice
thx for the info
i will hava talk to my boss about it later when i’m rdy to do it
if so mostly i’ll try and take days off and work on it the whole day
i might have a friend or two to help out, but they have never done a SR swap b4…

i used heavythrottle.com and some other info i found from others to do mine. but its pretty straight forward and the wiring it really just extending the wires under the hood and matching colors for the ecu (not all colors match)

hi man are u looking for an sr20det motor i have complete motor set with miner damage to the engine harness it comes with everything plus a new act clutch and a new b&m short throw shifter for 2000 canadien

but if u want everything elsei have for that motor like AEM EMS with map
mr light weight pull kit apexi supersuction intake turbosmart bov and intercooler piping all that plus motor 4300 dollars foreverything oh and a koyo rad all these parts only have max 500km on then
just pm me if interested or email me at sick-240sx@hotmail.com

hi man howare u i see your looking for an sr2odet motor i have one for sale motor tranny with new act clutch and b&m short shifter with abit of damage on harness but 2000 for that

or for everything i have for the motor it would be 4300
here what u get for 4300
AEM EMS standalone with map sensor
koyo rad
apexi super suction intake
turbo smart bov
intercooler piping
mr light weight pully kit
motor tranny act clutch and b&m shifter
motor mounts and tranny mount
so all thats left is intercooler
let me know if interested
pm me or email me at sick-240sx@hotmail.com

Well, im in the middle of swaping in my sr right now. To get the Ka out it only

took about 2 hours max, but that was with prep before hand…so in total i

would say 3 - 4 hours hours give or take. You will not get the swap done in

one day unless youve done it a bunch of times. As terrible_1 said the

Heavythrottle guide is probably the best one ive seen. Make sure you have

someone to help, becasue this swap is near impossible by yourself.

If you want, you can change the oil too while its still out, just in case the filter is on super tight. It will be a bitch to loosen the filter after the engine is in.

Wiring is a bitch. Do that first. Or get someone who likes to do wiring to do it. The engine swap is the easy part. Less stress, just physical. 2 people will be fine to get the engine out in a couple hours or less, depending on experience.

Make sure you get the SR radiator too, i can’t remember if the KA rad will work. Depends on where the outlets are on the rad. You might need to get longer rad hoses.

Are you getting the transmission with it too? The KA and SR tranmission bellhousing are different.

Hook up the heater hoses while the engine is going in, because there is limited space behind the engine for your hand after the engine is in.

bolt up the turbo elbow while its still out. there is one nut that is hard to get to because the steering shaft gets in the way.

Use metal gaskets for the exhaust, don’t use the cheap aftermarket paper gaskets. They will melt, eventually.

I’m assuming your fuel pump must be very old. Change that to a aftermarket
high flow pump. And change fuel filter too. If your going to boost past stock, get a adjustable FPR also.

that’s all i can think of now. it’s been a while since my swap.
jus read everything and anything about SR swaps and you’ll do fine.