S13 sr20det loud ticking noise.

Get under the car and listen/feel around the bell housing area.

That really does sound like a flywheel bolt touching the disc and matches with the randomness of its presence. Ive had it happen and at times it was a light tick or nothing and then it would start sounding like a hammer on roids. It was a easy fix and surprisingly no damage done to either the bolt or disc.

i also found the noise to differ when pressing in the clutch, it be quieter when the clutch was pressed in.

http://www.europaparts.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/cd6085ca2ccd08373d4b6de971808fb4/m/o/motul-engine-clean-auto.jpg

This is the exact stuff, add it to your oil, run the car for 15 minutes…NO longer then that. then drain your oil and put your new oil in.

to me it sounds like lifter still…

Id say if the sound goes away when you put oil in it is most definitely lifter or rocker related-id change all that shit as you may have one that is fubar without knowing it.Before you do all that check all you gaps with proper feeler guages to enure its just not needing to be shimmed-good luck man-hopefully its not a bent valve-is there abnormal exhaust smoke or is it running a bit off-compression test the cylinders you might find a valve isnt sealing properly

I wonder how Mike knows that…

I’ve heard a lot of CA18DET’s with lifters that are siezed, this doesn’t sound anything like it.

Just got come lifters from Vlad, they will be going in tomorrow. Will update after they are in.

sounds like a snapped rocker arm

Replaced lifters and the noise is now gone! Thanks for all help guys.

where do you get this?

I got it at a local shop here in newmarket called Simone performance.

sucks. gonna have to call around my local shops then.

Thanks Lucas.

Gyani if u happen to find somewhere around here let me know

I noticed your from brampton as well

Thanks

sure, no prob.