Strange loud ticking noise, any ideas?

i’ve got a red top sr in a S14. And recently i started hearing a really loud ticking noise. I’m not sure what could be causing this. the ticking ticks faster and louder as i give it more gas. Any ideas on what this noise could be, shoot em this way. Thnx in advance.

Jon

is it there when you try to start the car ? is it a tick or a clunk ? a clunk might be a loose flywheel

probably your rocker arms if its getting louder and faster with more gas

Sounds like something im experiancing with, could be the lifters, might be as simple as having to bleed your lifters or replacing them

could an exhaust leak cause this noise? it ticks when i start it and doesn’t stop. i’ve checked my oil and the oil level is fine. and correction, it ticks louder, not fast when i give it gas. i thought it ticked faster but it just ticks louder.

Jon

one of my friends sr started ticking loud and doing the same thing as what u are saying and it ended up spining a bearing hopefully u have better luck

hey guys, i think it may be the gasket between the header and the block. Does anyone know what the part number is for that part? If someone could let me know asap, it’d be greatly appreciated. By the way it’s a red top SR and i’ve got DC sport headers. Thnx.

Jon