S13 subframe conversion

How hard would it be to swap a non-hicas subframe into a hatchback and what tools i’d need? I mean like im not very mechanically inclined but i got some tools… I couldnt find any good guide links on the net… just abunch of dead links and eliminator bars for sale or Z32/skyline stuff

im not 100% on this but i believe the only differences between hicas and non-hicas subframes is that hicas is notched in the back of the diff for the extra steering rack and the sway bar is thicker than non hicas…it wouldnt be too hard although they are usually very rusty…i good socket set and a breaker bar , jack stands is all u should need…and if u just want to eliminate the hicas just buy a hicas eliminator bar

yeah i think id rather have the hicas subframe with a hicas lock bar than a non hicas subframe

to swap subframes you need the non hicas subframe… non hicas rear spindles/ uprights and toe arms… the rest is the same and can be swapped from the hicas sub to the non hicas sub… un bolt the 4 big nuts holding the main frame on and the 4 little ones ( 2 each side ) in front of the subframe… while you at it install some subframe collars from BIng on solid aluminum subframe bushings if your baller Its really easy to do

youll also have to disconnect the driveshaft and remove the exhaust from the cat back so its outta your way along with brake lines, ebrake shit, and the rear suspension/ coils…

Its really easy and can be done in a day Hicas subframe are balls the rear arms like to bend ( toe arms)

If i had my choice Id swap a S14 subframe in or a S15 one in

thanks ppl. :smiley:

lol i have the non hicas subframe swap too :slight_smile: do the solid subframe bushings too