s13 twin electric fan issue

i have 2 ford taurass fans that i just did a mock set up on my s13 dohc… the fans are blowing towards the front and im going to set them up on seperate switchs. but the thing is when i only run one fan my car ideling will over heat. im not running the stock fan off the motor any more obviously. am i missing something? does any one have pics of a setup with 2 or 1 electic fans with stock rad? any ideas??? ty

you might have the taurus fan setup on its low speed setting, and you might have air in your radiator. Stock ka shouldn’t heat up when idling like that. You might want to reuse the shroud from the engine fan thing. Those help in making fan more effective.

i hard wired the switch to a relay then straight from battery. so there is no fan setting but on lol. i left the upper and lower fan shroud on. just modified it to actually hold the fans inplace lol. ill check and see if there is any air in her tommorow. i did change the thermostat like a 4 months ago. but i drove her to the bings meet and she didnt overheat all the way from barrie to the meet and the ride! and on the way home nothing and i didnt even run any fan the whole time… also i start her up today and she is blue smoking like a sob… i thought maybe its cause i accidentaly broke a vac line going to the canister beside the rad. is that even possible? cause i kinda wanna take all that crap out

so i did a bleed for any air today. i still would like pics of anyones setup please. anything!!:slight_smile:

you should have your fans sucking air in. flip your wiring. air in the engine bay is hot doesn’t do to good of a job cooling

plugs should have 3 pins, hi - 12V, lo - 12V, ground, use hi/ground.

those will probably work better as puller fans between the rad/motor.

are they blowing the correct direction? 12V/ground polarity switched?

is your rad full of shit? maple keys, road debris, dirt/dust,
is your AC cooler full of shit?

do you have a FMIC blocking some incoming airflow?

i have the fans blowing towards the front of the car. i dont have fmic and i dont have any ac components. for the moment i have the relays bypassed. and when i run the fans its straight off the battery… its an ideling issue i am thinking its all about the positioning of the fans… if some one has pics i neeeeed ideas!!! well i have some… but i am looking for a functional setup… i hear that the ford taurass fans are the way to go but cant find any info on setups… when i am done ill make sure i tell everyone what the best setup i can figure out is…

I hope this will help you decide -->SR20DET Radiator and Fan Comparison Test

you want the fans pulling air into the eingine bay, not trying to blow it out the front. the taurus rad also works well as it is aluminum and bigger then the 240 rad. a little work need to be done to fit them but nothing major.

peace

sweet going to get the taurasss rad going to try that. thanks!!

and i definatly had the fans going the wrong way. but strangly started stay cool…