what is the best electric fan for stock rad

lookin for some tips on what would be a good electric fan to put up to my stock fan so i can get rid of the belt drivin fan

altima fans are the best shit u can buy

haha dollar store hand held fans. there about 2 bucks and take AAs. lol

im useing s14 fans and they work good and cheap lol

fuck ur couch fobwall

ford taurus fans…

anything you can make fit,

i cut up 2 s14 fans and stuck them in then put a 180sx fan in the front, she pulls 20.8 amps but she blows like all hell

14" fal fan
undertray
cooling panel

you installing yourself?if so where you putting your thermostat? i got a think a van an taurus fans im installing but donno where to put the stat

what year of altima fan?

in my books always wire electric fans to switches and a fuse. relays are no good and auto start/stops are no good ither, if it falls out of place and reads cold it keeps your fan off, thus over heating your car. if your relay blows and ur in traffic your screwed as well. iv head of both happining to many times, its not even funny. just take your electric fan and wire it to a switch so you know 100% if its on or off.

:ugh:

I’m with Gonad on that one… switches are for race cars, its a street car buy a proper fan controller install it PROPERLY and be done with it. Flex-A-Lite FTW. 3 years over 30,000KM plus tracks days yadda yadda yadda… mint OEM functioning electric fans.

beh, i got a buddy with flex-a-lite fans, he says he hates the controll unit, keeps the fan on wayyyy to long after shut down and the sensor is un-reliable. his rb has had over heating due to it many times.

yeah where is his probe for the temp pickup

I would blame a faulty install.

There are also two Flex-A-Lite controllers. The cheap o one which is a pos and the more expensive unit which is by far the best I’ve used.

Also the cheapo unit cannot handle the current draw of the flex-a-lite fans and it can cause some issues as well.

^^ how the fuck would you know? :smiley:

just get a good working fan from any american truck and put it on a switch and turn it on and off when u want

altima fans + Flex-A-Lite Variable Speed Controller (VSC) = win

also as important is sealing the area around the shroud and rad, so the fans actually pull air through the core and not around it

that shit pulls TONS of air, even through THREE fucking heat exchangers (radiator, a/c condenser, charge air cooler)