s14 or s2000 witch would you choose for Touge grip racing and dd

witch would you choose and why?

witch? what about wizards? or warlocks? DRAGONS?

unicorns bro.

s14 with a LS motor

S2000. Better handling car to begin with, and although parts for it will be a bit more expensive, you will probably need less of them to achieve the same performance than you would an S14 of the same caliber.

S2K is better on gas, and in general is just plain newer/nicer, not to mention it’s easier to find a rust-free S2K than it is an S14. Nowadays for the price of a clean S14, you could buy an older AP1 for the same money, or even less in some cases.

I am a bit biased mind you, I love S2K’s, lol.

I would go with S2000 any day of the week for grip racing, or everyday driving in general. Its a newer chassis with a more performance oriented design.

s14 needs mods to get to the base level a s2k is at.

s2k is easy to find clean. But more expensive to mod.

s2k is a roadster, s14 has a roof.

s2k is n/a, s14 would be turbo.

So yea they both have there strong points. If your going for all out speed, a s2k is the better bet to start with as a base car. If you want to be able to have fun everywhere all the time, than an s14 with a sr and all that turbo torque could prove to be way more fun.

cant track streets (well you can), but you can daily durft.
you will be able to do the s14 thang more, unlike the couple of track days you might attend.

vtec is fun, tho.

My good friend has an s2k and he has admitted my car handle’s better than his. My car is heavily modded though and he really only has nice coilovers and wide wheels so there is more potential. I personally don’t love the s2k to sit in, I find it cramped and the floor cross member is in the way. I would go s14 but of course your asking this on a 240 forum, go ask the same question on s2ki.

do you weigh more than… oh, 225lbs?

are you more than… oh 5’10"?

if you answered yes to either of these, you need to re-familiarize yourself with the S2K…

the seats are tight and the roof is snug, I sit around 200lbs at 5’9", and the s2k feels like a glove in the drivers seat…
but I imagine if you were much smaller/bigger than that, it wouldn’t fit too well…

As I was reading this, I was thinking " im at 230lbs at 6’2" I can totally lose weight and shrink to 200 and 5’…wait a minute…DAMN IT" lol

if only…lol

Some good feed back here, I am 6"2 but very slim 170 lbs, my s14 has almost all suspension work done wide wheels and tires, s14 sr with some bolt ons, race wheel and lots of others, well over 20 gs put in but it will news another 10- 15 tops to get it where I want it to be, ao I’m at the point now where I either take my losses and go with something that won’t need much work and is fun with just na with some mods or keep money pit going and get the s14 fully done into a touge monster and spring summer time car, i will be test driving an s2k with some serious suspention and brake work so I will see witch I like better but I wonder how much leg room I will have to play with.

Yes, if you are an underfed midget, go with honda, if you are normal or even rotund, go with nissan

I personally am 6’4" 200lbs and I can’t fit into the s2k, smart car and miata are also out… as if…

leave the roof up

it was headroom I was thinking of…

Ah ok, my s14 with a helmet on is already a tight fit lol, hate being to tall!

honda reliability is also nice. My buddy hasn’t had any real issues in 5 years of ownership, just routine maintenance and he beats on, but he hasn’t touched the engine. I on the other hand am always fixing something but when its working well he can’t keep up.

during the times I’ve been to the track, guys who ran modified s2k had over heating issues. this was on multiple occasions. I don’t know if this is a common thing or not. but just a head up.

Yes, if you are an underfed midget, go with honda, if you are normal or even rotund, go with nissan

Thanks for the laugh

that’s the one thing i love about my sr, no over heating at all during a full track day at shannonville, if i where to get an s2k i would do only na mods like amuse headers, catback and intake, most of the work would be suspention, big brake kits, and full aero with defuser and crabon wing, it’s a tough choice as i love the s14 but really stating to like the s2000 as well.