S15 sr20det onto s13 chassis.. is it possible?

hey guys im juss wondering if anyone know if this is possible and has it been dun before…
s15 250hp stock sr20 engine onto a s13 chassis

if u got any info about it pls answer this post with all the info needed to complete this swap… what are the things i need…
if anyone kno a good direct link of info that could help me out…
thanx

Anything’s possible with money…

For a S15 SR your looking at around $5000+ just for the motorset…

You will need to get the speed sensor which is on the rear diff. and hook it up for engine to run properly.

Also the wiring is suppose to be a real b*tch to do, so I would definitely recommend getting an s15 fsm as well.

:twisted:

Never tried to get an s15 fsm. The speed sensor reads the speed you are going at and makes sure that your engine gets enough fuel at different rpms. If you don’t have one, then you will probably be running in limp mode which means you will have terrible gas mileage.

Its a doable install but will be a pain and will cost $$. Wiring will be one issue but mouning will be a pain too. You have to fabricate a new mount for the diff. There are some other things too - but I don’t remember right now. I believe there was an Aussie site that may have had a little more direction. I looked into it but wasn’t worth the cost compared to upgrading an S13 engine swap. It would be cool to se another person do it though - good luck!

okay will i be using the 6 spd tranny of a s15 and use the rear differential of a s15… and im assuming there’s no mounting kit u can buy from s13-s15 so u got to fabricate ur own mounting brackets for the engine, tranny, differential…

why would you want an S15 engine anyways?

the 6-speed is supposed to be not-so-hot.

and is there any difference between an S15 engine and an S14 engine with VVT?

juts add 480cc injectors and an S15 turbo and WALLA!!!

heck word on the street is that aside frm the bell-housings you can swap all the tranny guts from KA to SR…

so pick up one of Marcus’s incomplete S14 SR’s with VVT add your S15 tubro and injectors and blammo

and sponsorships are not cool

The S15 tranny isn’t so hot for drifters. It’s a fine transmission by itself.
And it’s voila.

Stay away from incomplete engines.

You should be able to get engine mounts from mckinney motorsports, they have done a few s15 installs. Tranny shouldn’t be too hard, not sure about differential.

Also, the 6 speed tranny is a good tranny, the synchros are known to be weaker than the 5 speed, but you won’t break it unless you drive it hard and drift all the time.

As for cost, everyone already knows that you can buy and s13 redtop for cheap and use the extra money you would be spending on the s15 blacktop to upgrade, also if you are going for high whp, the s13 redtop can hold more too from what I have read, but if you don’t want really high whp, or your car is a show car/dd there is nothing wrong with getting an s15 engine.

Just got with a S13 Blacktop and mod it. The S15 is not worth it. I have two friends that scrapped their projects.

The amount you pay for a S15 and install you could be runnng a S13 with upgraded turbo.

Doesn’t the S15 SR just drop right in?

It uses the same mount’s as the S13 and S14 SR…

thanx guys for the help… lots of info collected… only reason why i was goin for s15 b/c i might be able to get my hands on one for dirt cheap… plus free turbo upgrade… but aside with that im fine with a s14 or s13 black top…

and someone mentioned to me to juss grab the incomplete s14 black top… what do u mean incomplete> what do i need? and how much…

hey who’s this guy… juss wanna get more info about that incomplete s14 sr black top… what do u mean by incomplete what other parts needed… and how much…

not really in a rush right now… i won’t be working on my car till winter time

why??? no… but i kno those ppl…

an s13 sr20det with good exaust system and 3" dump pipe is almost 250 horse

Oi, can you make your sig a bit smaller? Thanks.

s15 SR20 for cheap??? hook me up?

[quote=“rw_blaze”]

hey who’s this guy… juss wanna get more info about that incomplete s14 sr black top… what do u mean by incomplete what other parts needed… and how much…

not really in a rush right now… i won’t be working on my car till winter time[/quote]

Shift_Marcus

Marcus - (416) 835-8490