S2000 or 350Z?

Is 350Z vert an option? If so, I say 350Z vert. May not handle like the stook but will still handle well, actually make good torque, and sound like sex. Versus the stook that makes no torque and sounds like an inline 4 cylinder… But like probably almost everone else who has posted in this thread, I have never driven either. Well, I shouldn’t say that. I’ve driven my father in law’s G35 coupe a couple of times and my God that car is refined. But not boring refined. Haha he was telling me about how he was on his way to work the other day and punched it at 50 and the back end started to step out on him. :smiley:

Ah well, you can’t go wrong. :tup:

It does not have variable lift though.

VTEC is a Variable Lift and Timing as it has a second set of Hot Cams ground into the camshafts.

Variable Timing is just changing the angularity of a traditional set of camshafts.

Of course, but its not a vtec…ok I just wanted to use that picture in something.

The weight is a huge factor. I love 350Zs and G35s but the weight, handling, and high RPMs of the S2000 will always win with me.

i know the differences…i was just pointing out that it has a variable timing system

Most cars nowadays do. GM uses variable timing on their 3.9L V6.

shhh…ur not helping my 350z campaign

Test Drive them both and get what you like best.

I have driven both in the past. I can’t decide. I really just wanted to know what everyone thought on this subject. I love both cars. In my book there both TITS.

I wish the motor from the Z was in the S2K chassis/body. The Z is kinda ugly and doesn’t handle near as nice as the S2K. But the S2K is a torqueless wonder. Frankly, I find a car that you have to wind up that high to get anywhere to be annoying. I’d take a Corvette way before either. Vette>S2K>Z, IMHO.

omg.

i know i was drunk.

but im going to say it again…

you get a 350z, and i will skull fuck your parents.

s2000, because they look hotter, bitches like em better, and its a fucking honda.

mugen > nismo

no boost no care. vortech the s2k and call it a day.

L.S.F. has spoken.

Test drive both and find out what you like. I’ve driven both extensively and each have their merits. For a daily driver, I think I’d probably chose the 350z, for an AutoX car, no question S2k, for a track car it’d be a toss up. I’d probably end up with an S2k in the end. Both are easy to toss around, and easy to hold sideways in a corner. The S2k is a bitch and a half to launch and you WILL grenade a diff if you drive it hard from a stop, whereas the 350z reacts more like a corvette in that aspect. The S2k you cannot get more than a 255 tire under IIRC whereas the 350z can be pushed to 285’s. It really comes down to why you want a car, I look at the performance aspects for the track, I suspect you’re looking for a daily driver.

have you driven the s2K on the highway? I don’t know if it has short gearing like almost all 4 cyl engines do, but if that vibration bothers you like it does me I would include that as a factor in buying one.

BUT a boosted Z is hot shit too…either way they are both nice cars…but I would personally get the Z just because they look SO DAMN COOL, O and they can hang the rear end out really nicely…

*also, consider if you’re going to mod either car, if you get it…

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/350z/aps350z-tts-09/index.htm

This is the most ballinist’ shit ever son…that’s of course if you decide to go the Z route…

If you have a clue as to how to drive with a ton of oversteer the S2k is JUST as easy to hang out. We’re also not talking boosted for boosted, we’re talking off the showroom floor. So boost is not in the equation.

wow, you have just won the award for the “asshole comment of the day” a VERY good friend has one…I love the way the Z looks, handles and drives…

I hardly see how pointing out why your post is irrelevant qualifies me as an asshole, but I have been called one from time to time. :slight_smile: