S2000 or 350Z?

whoa, a VERY good friend

better hush up mike, since it’s just been established that the relationship one has with the owner of either car in question is actually a valid point in this debate

:rofl:

I INVENTED THE 350Z BITCHES!

I see in inferred.

Man everyone just wants to start with me lately…anyway I was just saying the Z is a very tail happy car…but with recent trends SOMEONE has to go off topic… 350z=my choice between the 2

Now I’m going to be an asshole. Have you driven both? The 350z is NOT a tail happy car if you dont drive like a ham fisted FWD owner. It’s very easy to control with either throttle or smooth steering inputs. The S2k is significantly more tail happy, and harder to control. Most of it has to do with tire selection between the two cars, but a lot of it has to do with where vtec engagement and the twitchy steering on the S2k. Basically, it sounds like you dont have a clue as to what you’re talking about.

Mike is right on. I’ve driven both and agree 100%

Abso-fucking-lutely get the S2000. No contest. One of the coolest cars ever built I think.

if your considering buying a stook, and you test drive it, be prepared to buy it. seriously. dont test drive the stook unless your sure you want to buy it :slight_smile:

im also assuming it wont be your dd? right? if it is, 250z, buffalo + stook = ony drive your car 6 months a year

haha, or get it rustop’d and put weight in the back… and, uh - don’t die in it

oh man that would be fun at ECC south

boost should always be in the equation. - chris maybe a race will settle the debate

What the fuck is this susposed to mean?? If you turn the TCS off on the Z it becomes VERY tail happy when driving it hard. But what would I know??

Well there’s no way in hell i’m going to drive either cars in the winter thats what my 97’ civic is for. I love winter beaters. LOL. Oh yea, Beck and Aaron, I think your right the LSF* crew has spoken.

Having driven both, having putting both through their paces. S2000 > 350z.

elise.

i think mike is talking about on a road course, not just fucking around on the street. seeing as he’s tracked both cars

First of all, I have not driven either car, so take my opinion like a grain of salt. If you’re going to be getting into autocross, roadcourses, whatever, the S2000 is probably more so the car for you. If this was my decision I’d pick the 350z simply because i can’t fucking stand narrow powerbands, plus cruising on the highway in the S2000 has got to get annoying after a while. But as others said, you’re going to have to take both for a test drive and see which fits you better. It’s a lot of money to be spending either way, so make sure you get the one that you’ll enjoy more.
Oh and my vote…350Z droptop :smiley:

it sounds like you have other options for a daily driver, so i guess the s2k is the winner in this situation, that thing is a goddamn fighter jet in car form. but if you do plan on using either for a DD i would give the Z a strong consideration since it’s a bit more comfortable and has some tq.

oh and the Z drop top is UGLY with the top up. top down it’s beautiful though.

One data point on the S2k as an auto-x car… I was discussing alignment settings with Mark Seelbinder (who auto-x’s a '03 S2000), and he runs 1/4" of toe in at the rear to keep the tail in line. That is a ton of toe.

The handling and feel of an S2k (like a Miata, and the suspensions are VERY similar) is VERY alignment dependent.

I’d try to discuss the car choices over on SCCA Forums, there are people nationally campaigning 350Zs, RX8s and S2ks. (don’t discount the difference between an '05+ S2k and the '04 and older version either. The jury is still out, but the trend seems to be that the '05+ may be a little better)

Yes Mark runs toe in, Jeff does too IIRC. It’s closer to the UK alignment specs and I’ve heard of some nasty things happening with S2k alignments from the dealer. Plus when the stook squats it tends to end up with a whole lot more toe out than is normal.

i am a biased Nissan guy anyway