S2k in the bed of a truck...yup, you read that right

So this guy got ahold of me wednesday and wanted to buy my s2k chassis to build a race car. He said he wanted to build it from the ground up. I laughted but told him he’d literally be doing that, as it is 100% stripped. He told me he could build it 4grand cheaper this way vs. buying a used complete car. I tried to tell him parts were crazy expensive, and that i thought this was in no way possible, but he assured me parts were cheap. What do i know, right?

Well i was gone the past few days so when i got home this wekeend he said he wanted to come get it, i told him if he got it this weekend he could have it for 1/2 price because i just want it out of my yard (and i’m sure my neighbor did too).

So last night he drives here from Syracuse, i told him to bring a couple guys if he could because it weights about 600 pounds. I told him it’s already on a trailer and we could just put them back to back and probably slide it from one to the other. 15 minutes before he gets here he tells me he couldn’t get a trailer but it’ll fit in his truck. Now at this point i told him to turn around, no way it’ll fit. then i responded with “wait, you mean a flatbed, right?” All our communication is via text BTW. I’At this point i’m about 99.9% certain this guy is just fucking with me.

Well he showed up with a truck, and a friend of his. He told me he took measurement and that it would fit. I look at his, his truck, the s2k and back at him in disbelief lol.

I still don’t know how exactly we lifted this thing in there but we did, and it was actually quite easy, just kind of got the front end up and then slid it on. Impressively the pinch weld held it on the bed rail so that the opposite side didn’t hit the side of the bed and didn’t damage the quarter or rocker at all.

it’s secured with 4 brand new, light duty, straps from HF, so you know it’s 100% safe.

Here’s the pics because no one cares about the story:

I texted him about 3 hours after he left and he told me he just pulled into his home, safe and sound.

Ya do what ya gotta do I guess lmao.

Now that guy’s definitely got a future in moving/transport services.

:wow

holy redneck lol

Anyone else feel that the odds of him actually building a safe, functional vehicle from this is about 1/1000000000000?

I think that’s even generous

thats amazing… looks like something i would do…

lol. I got a photo kicking around of one of your Uncle John’s trucks loaded with a complete subaru justy loaded in the bed headed for the scrap yard. Good to see you carrying on the tradition!

Dude… Hahaha

find that picture, that deffinately sounds like my uncle john. he had quite the fleet of green dodge trucks.

I had an RSX Type S bare shell that I tossed in the back of an F550 dump with a loader and drove it to the scrap yard. No tie downs

Actually the RSX had body panels and doors and shit still on it. Could’ve been disastrous going down central ave :lol

had to scan it in. twas from back in the days of film :lol

that’s pretty much my uncle in a nutshell right there. Awesome pic, thanks for posting that Rob

:tbu

What did Billy Bob plan on doing with it? Seems like a long ride for scrap metal.

Does the guy with the green truck live up off Settle’s Hill road in Princetown/Altamont?

I remember seeing a truck like that alot when I worked up on 20. If I remember right his kid had a similar truck, also green.

Reading > PJB

Yeah my uncle had a dozen or so green dodge trucks, hew passed away a couple of years ago but lives off of that road, that was him.

I thought so. Not too many dark green '70’s Dodge trucks around. I used to see him at the gas station/store on the corner up there all time when I worked for a bodyshop down the road.

I guess I missed the first part. Did you even have a title for that car? If it has salvage papers good luck ever getting that thing thru a NYS theft inspection to get a title.

Because