s3 sr in s14 need some help with power steeering

the sr’s pump has 2 high presure lines on it and theres is only 1 on the s14 ka pump how do i make this work.

l

the SR’s pump sounds like Hicas.

Use the S14 bracket and the S14 pump? More or less a guess

alright man thanks ill try that i had it in mind but i thought id just ask ill let u know how it goes.

it didnt work the bracket from the ka wont fit the sr and the ka pump wont fit the sr bracket
cant i jus block 1 of the lines off from the sr pump. ???

this is the pump im thinking i could block the line on the right the 1 further from the pully

to make a Hicas pump 2 wheel, it should be dissasembled, and then the rear sections needs to have the fins/impeller (I’ve never done this) removed so it does not create pressure, then re-assembled and can be blocked( the line feed)

heres wat i took out

the s14 with a dohc should have the same bracket and resemblence as the sr pump. if its non hicas you should be able to combine the two to make power steering work. i had a 89 hb that i had to deal with bending the lines to work. with the dohc it def does sound like your car had hicas.

all ican say is the best of luck as i had a Wicked time tryin to figure mine lol

the DOHC S14 bracket will not fit on the SR motor since they bolt up to the Block in a different method/way.

By the sounds of the 1st post… you have a SR Hicas Bracket + SR Hicas Pump, its simple enough to conver the Hicas Pump into an “Non-Hicas” Pump but removing the rear cover, pulling out the little square tabs, replace the cover, then plug the rear pressure line. BUT if you do not remove those inner square tabs then the rear/hicas seection of the pump will contiune to pump etc.

I just saw those pics after I posted/logged in… but that is correct. remove those square tabs, plug the rear pressure line and its done

i removed that circle thingy 2 im pritty sure i wont need that any more either. thanks for the help guys. i need a muffler real badly myns is banged up and it touches the ground lol. so if any 1 has a muffler with a 3 inch inlet let me know.
ill tell u guys how the pump works.

i gotta put the round thing back in cuz the pully moves without it.