Sad Day For Me ***EDIT**PICS***

Hey guys, It’s a sad day for me. This afternoon roughly around 1:30 to 2:00 I crashed my car into a fence. I turned into an alley, and as soon as i put it in 2nd gear a car backed out of a stall.
The road was very icey and I couldn’t stop in time, so I instinctively swerved left, hoping that there would be enough room for me to avoid any collision.
Sadly there wasn’t and my car got hurt pretty bad.
The hood doesn’t close properly, the bumper was pretty much ripped in half, the fender was pushed in, and seems like I may have a broken tie bar, because my wheels don’t turn in unison. Also need a new winter rim and tire cuz they’re both f**ked.

I called the police and the officer told me at first that we were both at fault. He stated that my fault was going too fast for the road conditions, and the other guy for improperly reversing. T
he other guy’s car (a lancer ES or LS) suffered no damage, thanks to my avoidance. So he has zero damage, and I got a wrecked car and a broken fence.
Later on however, the cop told me that he would report the other guy at fault

So here I am now, very depressed, and just felt like enlightening all Nissan enthusiasts, and Spec V owners.

Thanks for reading my story. Wish me luck

EDIT PICS****

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1978/picture0447xj.th.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6917/picture0434sf.th.jpg

Bah, it’s ok man. That’s why we buy insurance. It’s always the responsibility of the person backing up to make sure that the way is clear - as long as you wern’t going down the alley excessively fast, you’ll be OK.

It sucks about the car, but I’m sure she’ll get fixed up good as new in almost no time. :E

Srry to hear that man, I got in accident couple years ago, I remember how bummed I was. Hopefully things work out.

Sucks to hear about your car man, I wouldn’t worry too much about it, like Kris said that’s why we have insurance, anyhow goodluck on getting everything back to new.

On a side not perhaps you should be taking your car to a place like ohhh I dunno Karbz or a bodyshop that would get you a nice BC2 front bumper and C/F hood and put it through insurance, try and use this to your advantage 8)

I’m gonna be taking it to somewhere where I can get those things done. I’d rather have the R33 front though honestly.

This really blows, I miss my car, and I hate seeing her like that. I hope everything can get resolved. Thanks for all the support guys.

No worries friend, i also have smacked into something (…stupid 4Runner…) the great thing about cars is that it all can be fixed,

Just a hint of advice, when you get her repair make sure they measure her out, i mean like make sure that the frame is all in good shape. Dont know how hard you hit but i shifted mine at a relative speed of 3 kph…

It’ll be all good in the end

Sorry to hear, hopfully there is no frame damage. Doesn’t look like it will be much to fix… I remeber my accident with my first spec but you learn you live…

Sucks that the first pics you have posted that show your CAI is when it’s been mashed.

Kudos for restarining yourself, I don’t think I would be as self controlled if someone caused me or my car pain. I hope it all works out for you though.

ohhh that sucks, i feel for you man. but hopefully everything works out just fine. maybe you can get some better parts to 8) and if you need a new steelie i have 4 sitting in my garage, 15’ by i dunno what but i had 195/65/15 tires on em. so if you want it, my xmas present to you

Could of been worse… Coulda looked like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ragerman/PICT0035.jpg
R.I.P. :cry

Thanks for all the support guys. Ryan, I’m guessing that was your old 04 Sentra?
And a question to all you guys who have had experience with car accidents.

I picked up the collision report from the police station yesterday. The police officer told me I couldn’t have the statment at the time of the accident because he had to talk to the owner of the fence i hit.

A few friends and co-workers of mine told me that the person who’s name appears on the left is at fault, and the name on the right is the “victim”(me) so to speak.
Can anyone confirm this?
Also in a section of the page marked other/specify. It states “Due to unsafe backing.”
Does that clearly state that the other guy is at fault?

Any info on this would really clear my mind as this accident isn’t as clear cut as it should be.

Thanks

Mike

EDIT Oh yeah, I did look at my intake and I think it’s ok. It was sandwiched between the battery and the fender, but it didn’t look like it was crushed.

yeah he has to pay for your repairs
hope you got his insurance info and what not

Update for my car. NOTHING DONE AS OF YET. The stupid b*tch told me that he would be willing to split the costs 50/50 and I agreed, as dealing with insurance is always a headache. He’s been dragging in on for two weeks and told me that today would be the day that he paid.

I just called him and he told me to go through insurance. What a dickhole. Wastes all this time and everything. I’m most likely going to call insurane on this one, but I wanted all your opinions.

Since I didn’t actually hit the guy, it’s not so easy as to say it’s his fault 100%, as it normally would be for accidents involving a car backing out. It’s probably going to court.

Based on anyones experiences and/or knowledge is he still liable for damages?
He claims i was going too fast, but that’s BS. That’s his defence.

I have a police report stating that in section 7 “other/specify” due to unsafe backing.

The police officer also told me that it was his fault.
Also the police officer issued him a ticket for not having valid insurance papers in the vehicle. The car was insured, but it did not have the most recent insurance papers in the car.(ex. 2005 papers, in the year 2006)

It’s my understanding that if those papers aren’t present in the vehicle, than it should not be on the road, correct?

I want everyone’s knowledgable/unbiased opinions. Will I win this case?

Go through Insurance give them the police report, they have put on there that it was due to unsafe backing out. So his insurance will HAVE to pay 100% of this. If you had agreed on 50-50 that is out the window now, he has been unwilling to live up his end of the deal, so now it’s time to get his insurance jacked through the roof, the police report said it’s his fault, you know it’s his fault and the insurance will ONLY look at the police report. So make this fucker pay, I’d be so pissed if my car got smashed cause some dick doesn’t know how to back out safely.

Yeah, verbal contracts are only legally enforcable if some consideration (ie. a down payment or promisary note) have been given. Since no consideration has been given in this case, let your insurance company handle it…especially if a cop thinks that you’re in the right.