Salvage title information...

I’m thinking Brian might be able to answer this pretty well, so here goes:

I bought a 2004 Cavalier with an Ohio salvage title. It was reposessed and the title was held by the bank because of a Lien. So the police sent an affidavit for a salvage title and at that time, there was no battery in the car to get the mileage, so they marked it as 1 and thats what it came back on the title as. I had a Carfax run and the mileage check came back fine (it’s only got 26,xxx miles).

I got everything fixed on it (windshield, mirror, fenderwell liner) and filled out all the paper work, put my 4 pictures in, all receipts and sent it in. We didn’t check the box on the back of the title that said the mileage wasn’t actual, even though it is actual, but the front of the title says “Odometer Discrepency” and the back of the title has the mileage.

My question is I just checked my bank statement and the check that I wrote for the title/transfer/taxes was cashed, so I’m thinking that I’ll be getting the registration and title back with no problems. Otherwise wouldn’t they send the check back if something didn’t look right in the paperwork? We were worried that they would send it back because the title needs to have “Not actual mileage” checked on the title because the front and the back don’t match up. It doesn’t make sense that they would cash the check for the registration and everything and then send the paperwork back right?

Any input is appreciated.

tmu is nothing,just cause ur check was cashed,dont mean the papper work wont came back right,it my need somethiong,but then again it may come back a title!

tmu is nothing meaning they don’t really look at that as a factor? otherwise the car is tip-top, never wrecked, runs and drives like a new car

and im assuming that’s true mileage unknown?

yes & yes

The state will not send you yor check back. This state would never give back a fucking dime to anyone…:rofl:
If there is an issue they will send you the original paperwork back with instructions as to how to submit whatever documentation they require to issue you a PA title. I had a notary screw up the mileage when i bought a truck, so instead of my title showing 82,000 miles, it show 582,000 miles. I called penndot and they said they would send a corrected title, and of course they didn’t. I sold the truck a few months later and the state kicked the title back and we had to go to a notary and file an affadavit and submit some kind of proof of the mileage(luckily i had a state inspection receipt.)

Yeah I’ve got the initial inspection that has the mileage when the mechanic checked it all out, and that matches the back of the title, so I’m thinking it should be good. I should know better than to think PA would send my money back…

I’ve been told they just hold the check if they reject the paperwork. I got the title for my bike a few days afrer the the check cleared my bank account.

You should be fine if your check cleared. Might take a few weeks though. I do that kind of r-title paper work all the time. If they cashed the check you “should” be fine.

Well the paperwork came back stating that I needed to list all major components replaced on the car with their receipts… I didn’t write anything down because no parts with other VINs were replaced, only the windsheild, fender well liner and passenger mirror glass. So I went to the notary and wrote on the paper “No major components replaced” and listed what I did replace, where I bought the parts, and the date.

I sent it back to the state and it just came back again on Friday stating that I needed an address of the seller and buyer on the bill of sale. The guy typed it but didn’t put his address or mine on it, but the paperwork I sent has his address on the title and my address all over the other shit, so I don’t know what other proof is needed to get this damn title. Brian, can you shed any more light on this? I was going to stop down the other day or else give you a call, but I have to goto the notary first and find out all the information.

And to think, all this for a vehicle that shouldn’t even have a salvage title…

Well I finally got a plate and registration for the stupid car, so just need to get it inspected and then I’m good. What I wanna do now is get a couple of key fobs programmed for the car. It came with one but not working even after checking the battery… Can a dealer do that and how much would it cost? Do I need to take the car or can I give them my VIN, liek what info is needed?

i can do it,dealer does if for $50 to $75

excellent, maybe ill take a cruise down this evening? LMK what information you need off the car or whatever.

all i need is car & remotes,check ur opion codes for AOU!

My buddy works at a GM dealer and hooks me up with a lot of stuff. PM me if you want to talk to him.

Yeah I gotta talk to Brian and see whats up and if not then I’ll let you know, thank you.

Also gotta give a big thanks for Chet Josephs Complete Notary in Youngwood by Hybrid… After about 10 weeks dealing with my notary up here, he got me plates and a sticker in about 15 days including Christmas/New Years!