Samsung 42" DLP or Sony 42" RP LCD

[quote=“itsJim,post:17,topic:26354"”]

Well, I’ve been waiting for mad long and really want a TV right now. Both TV’s are $999… The Black Grass effect does scare me but it doesn’t seem to be effecting everyone.

If the warranty is anything more than $150 I definitely won’t be getting it.

Also I plan to be doing a lot of gaming on this, otherwise I would look into getting a plasma.

[/quote]

the black grass is because its an entry level tv, and they used a shitty screen material (only used on the 42") so they could hit a price point. pop into circuit city, i got my 46" out of a box for 300 under the sale price they had, and then got the extended warranty. if you have a bulb problem, or even if you dont :snky: call in and they will mail you a new one :wink:

if you’re going to spend the loot, dont cut corners. you will end up regretting it in the end. oh, and the 46" is actually “slimmer” (i dont think thats a word) than the 42", and only 1-2 thicker than a plama or lcd on a stand.

if you’re a gamer, and are worried about playing xbox or ps2 on it dont sweat it. i have have had no issues with lag, and i dont use game mode.

i think the 46 might have been discontinued just recently, and they are pushing the 50", so you should be able to get a great deal on it.

edit: just saw you went with the sony. good call on the warranty, the blue lcd seems to be an issue with that set… it was the set i almost went with, but got the 46 dlp instead.