Samuel Adams Utopia

you can get it on ebay.

[quote=“dozr,post:19,topic:38562"”]

Utopia is beer to the extreme… It challenges what beer really is.

[/quote]

QFT

I’m just excited that sam adams white is back… it’s my favorite beer in the affordable category and I wish they had it all year…

Had it couple weeks back(“2004” I believe), tasted like barley flavored crap brandy… Impressive exercise by SA - but I’d pass.

[quote=“dozr,post:19,topic:38562"”]

Utopia is beer to the extreme… non-carbonated, so you can enjoy it over a few months or longer if you want. It challenges what beer really is, and is IMHO worth every penny of $200 for a bottle.

[/quote]

Interesting, but I’ve found that Sam’s uber-ABV beers haven’t really tasted anything like I would consider beer to taste. I remember their Triple was very disappointing, and very much port-like. In my opinion, the best heavy-hitter beer in existence is Dogfishhead 120 minute IPA. 9 bucks a bottle at Consumers, outstanding taste, and 20% ABV.

If I were to spend $200 on a bottle of anything, it’s Johnny Walker Blue.

pilsner FTW!!!

Im old and set in my ways what can I say.

[quote=“bracketracer,post:25,topic:38562"”]

If I were to spend $200 on a bottle of anything, it’s Johnny Walker Blue.

[/quote]

Only had a small drink of that once… Dude had the bottle for 2 years and refused to open it until a special occasion. Broke it out at his bachelor party. Well worth the wait.

[quote=“bracketracer,post:25,topic:38562"”]

Interesting, but I’ve found that Sam’s uber-ABV beers haven’t really tasted anything like I would consider beer to taste.

[/quote]

That is pretty much the point. Utopia is “Beer” by definition, but is closer to a port or sherry in taste… It is a very extreme brew, with incredible flavor.

Serving size is about 2oz, and it shelves very well.

Did I read that right when it said $200 per bottle?

[quote=“Carnut,post:29,topic:38562"”]

Did I read that right when it said $200 per bottle?

[/quote]

Its due to the age and the work that goes into each bottle. Same thing with any high end scotch.

As much as I love beer and alcohol in general. I just cannot justify spending 200 bucks on a bottle…

[quote=“RobHimself,post:30,topic:38562"”]

Its due to the age and the work that goes into each bottle. Same thing with any high end scotch.

[/quote]

Understood. I guess everyone has their vice. Coke heads have coke, not crack. Beer drinkers have this and not red dawg.

wow,
i get the same feeling after a slurpy… spending $200 on a drink better get me laid.

[quote=“dozr,post:28,topic:38562"”]

That is pretty much the point. Utopia is “Beer” by definition, but is closer to a port or sherry in taste… It is a very extreme brew, with incredible flavor.

Serving size is about 2oz, and it shelves very well.

[/quote]

[quote=“Anonymity,post:33,topic:38562"”]

wow,
i get the same feeling after a slurpy… spending $200 on a drink better get me laid.

[/quote]

life is all about the experience. I will be trying this beer next week in Rochester

Ive had their millenium before an thats now almost impossible to find with only 3000 bottles made and sold. Was some of the best shit ive ever had.

Utopias has yet to be tasted because i cant find anyone willing to split the cost with me and go halves on it. But personally i love sam adams it was the beer that led me into the conisseur world. With the different complexities of the flavors and the multitude of choices year round( summer being my favorite).

But if you want good beer you gotta pony up its about the craftsmanship that goes into making it. Its not like your cheap $7 12pk of blue or 4 6 pack of red dog, that kind of beer has no real flavor or character.
Im goin to go tap into some ommegang OMMEGGEDN, and Chocolate Indulgance and then relax.

Oh if you wanna split up a bottle of utopias let me know as im definately in

[quote=“altimarollin,post:35,topic:38562"”]

Ive had their millenium before an thats now almost impossible to find with only 3000 bottles made and sold. Was some of the best shit ive ever had.

Utopias has yet to be tasted because i cant find anyone willing to split the cost with me and go halves on it. But personally i love sam adams it was the beer that led me into the conisseur world. With the different complexities of the flavors and the multitude of choices year round( summer being my favorite).

But if you want good beer you gotta pony up its about the craftsmanship that goes into making it. Its not like your cheap $7 12pk of blue or 4 6 pack of red dog, that kind of beer has no real flavor or character.
Im goin to go tap into some ommegang OMMEGGEDN, and Chocolate Indulgance and then relax.

Oh if you wanna split up a bottle of utopias let me know as im definately in

[/quote]

I would split the bottle as long as I got the half with the bottle. :slight_smile:

dont tease me with your pictues, im really contemplating this

How big is a $200 bottle? standard beer bottle size?