Saturn Vue

dont buy a saturn EVER they come in to my cousins shop all the time with blown motors with only 35000- 50000 miles on them there junk

[quote=“speedped79,post:21,topic:31770"”]

dont buy a saturn EVER they come in to my cousins shop all the time with blown motors with only 35000- 50000 miles on them there junk

[/quote]

“The new J35 used in the Acura RL produces 290 hp (224 kW) at 6200 rpm and 256 ft·lbf (347 N·m) at 5000 rpm. This engine was on the Ward’s 10 Best Engines list for 2005.”

“The J35 is also used by General Motors in the Saturn VUE, though GM refers to it as the L66.”

Sounds like a crappy motor to me… :bloated:

On topic though…

I’d personally get a Subaru wagon for the time being, and upgrade if a boat comes along.

I just see no pleasure in DDing an SUV. I personally don’t enjoy the ride quality, steering, or ride quality at all. And the whole time I feel like I am going to lose control and flip and die if something runs in front of me.

^ Yeah, SUV’s with ABS, 4WD or AWD, many of which come standard with stability control, are so much easier to lose control of than your MR2. :picard:

Out of my MR2, and my fiances Jeep, I’d chose the MR2 EVERY single time in an emergency manuever situation.

Although, perhaps a Jeep is bad to compare to a Saturn Vue though.

Personal preference though. I just absolutely hate the way SUVs handle, and ride.

I dont know why, but my G20 van felt so planted on the road, i could slide her when i wanted and have it locked when i wanted. my buick, not so much.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:23,topic:31770"”]

I just see no pleasure in DDing an SUV. I personally don’t enjoy the ride quality, steering, or ride quality at all. And the whole time I feel like I am going to lose control and flip and die if something runs in front of me.

[/quote]

that just means you are a bad driver, ask anyone that has been in my car in the winter/with me beating it, I throw it into most situations that people have second thoughts about throwing there cars into… never even gotten it on two wheels. You have to know your vehicle/how to drive and you realize you have to do some extremely stupid shit to actually roll a SUV…

[quote=“nitroinsane,post:9,topic:31770"”]

seriously hes looking at a 04 vue i dont think ur opinnion should include a 40kplus truck

[/quote]

Seriously. So many people on this site act all snooty unless you drive a baller bmw or benz. Not pointing fingers at anybody, just a general comment.

[quote=“speedped79,post:21,topic:31770"”]

[/quote]

lol you missed the whole part about the 2004+ V6’s having a Honda drivetrain being the main selling point didn’t you? Holy shit when did we get spellcheck?!

I dunno. I think a Honda powered Vue would be absolutely perfect for me. As well as bore me to tears…

Maybe a 5MT Legacy wagon or a 6MT Matrix/Vibe with the 2ZZ Celica motor. (I know they’re not fast, but the idea of a decent handling small wagon that wants to be revved like a motorcycle and has Toyota’s build quality appeals to me.)

As far as towing a boat: :lol: If any of you actually knew my finances you would bitch slap me for even considering towing ability. :tdown: I’d be one big tard if I bought a boat will still having various loans at >6% interest…

Its a good vehicle, take it for a spin and if you like it, buy it. The engine isnt going to blow up, and i hear its prety quick for what it is…

I have driven a lot of Vues on long trips. I hate them. It’s a decent drivetrain in a horrible package. I give you a week and a half and you will be miserable.

You are married right? Get something boring to drive, but versatile, and have her drive it. She’ll probably be really excited to have the new car.

vue redline ftw!

[quote=“double j,post:32,topic:31770"”]

You are married right? Get something boring to drive, but versatile, and have her drive it. She’ll probably be really excited to have the new car.

[/quote]

Wife -> Expedition
Me -> GTO

Needless to say, I like your plan. The truck is a Limited model, so it had all the options to make her very happy to get rid of her old car, and freed up the car slot in our household for me to fill. :slight_smile:

Get a 2,3 yr old escape for now. She can beat that for 2-4 years until you’re baller enough to waste money on a overpriced trailblazer or other such shit.

what about a CRV?

So I’ve admitted to myself that I’d hate life if my car was an automatic SUV, no matter how much I try to talk myself into it.

I can’t seem to find a reason not to look into something like a slightly used Tacoma.

Tacoma’s are pretty much indestructable. The 4 cylinder’s 160hp/180tq but 22/28mpg. Perfect for a DD mini-truck. Useful as all hell. I enjoy driving trucks. I still miss my old F150, the piece of shit that it was. I’d probably even take this out to an autocross. It’d probably be a lot of fun to toss a mini truck around.

Tomorrow I’ll probably have forgotten all about the Tacoma and be set on a Legacy wagon being the perfect vehicle. The next day might be a Matrix XRS, then Friday an Explorer. :slight_smile: And so it goes…

Thanks for humoring my essentially pointless thread. Some interesting viewpoints/wisdom. :tup:

My mom has the saturn Vue, i drive it once in a while. I like it and not bad for the price. Has some pick up 2 it

wifie han an 05 red line vue.
it was the only vue that is maginally acceptable by me. :slight_smile:

we drove the 4 cyl… OMG it literally took 15 seconds to get from 0-60

i like the AWD honda motor. that was the only reason we looked at vues.
then seeing a regular vue, next to a RL vue…
its no comparison.

the milage is OK at best… not sure what it really gets these days…
you can get the honda v6’s in a 5 spd manual too. (not available in RL trim)
this is the exact car we bought. with suade and leather int.
http://www.gmphotostore.com/images/53219050_pr.jpg

fyi… i drove the inlaws 00 s-10 5 spd 4 cyl…
completley loaded with top soil (riding bump stops)

my next practicle vehicle will be a dirt cheap pickem up truck.