Say goodbye to your funding Berkeley CA

the city = stop sending our kids to war
the govt. = don’t tell us what to do
the publicity = the front of CNN and most media outlets

I thought that was simple.

Who wants the publicity, and why do they want it?

Who = the City
why = protest the war at the expense of their funding. I think not.

Good, add public beatings for people that burn the flag and we are all set

you think wrong… politics will always be just that.

Nope, let the public burn it all they want. If a GOVERNMENT AGENCY like a City Counsil does it I’d be all for them getting a public beating though.

This is doubtful given how research is funded.

The little guy would be the first to go.

As a military member, thats fighting this war face to face, for my third time. I feel that I cannot say what I want, without ranting. But I agree that you can’t harass and make a resolution to have the very people that protect this country kicked out of your town, then ask for money. And I don’t think the money should go to education, because that is the biggest expense of any township. Its not punishing the town at all. We as a society, have come to think that we “deserve” handouts, or its our towns “right” to recieve federal money. Its not, and if you don’t wana be a part of the entire federal government, then you don’t get the benefits of it.

i almost hope someone invades the city of Berkely and they beg to have the military come save their ass and the miltary leaders tell them to f*** off.

OUR TROOPS STAND ON THE WALL WITH GUNS TO KEEP US SAFE BECAUSE THESE LIBERAL FAGGOTS WON’T!!!

BTW. I tried to join the USMC after high school but was rejected because of my stupid sh*tty ankles

YEAH! I hope unicorns poop marshmallows on Berkley, CA.

Backlash:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/12/berkeley.marines/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

I’m always tempted to just jerk the wheel when I drive past the protesters in front of the recruitment office on Sheridan in Tonawanda.

How would you feel if you just signed up to dedicate your life to protecting theirs, just to walk out and have people protesting what you’re doing? Fucking cause-heads can’t or won’t distinguish between foreign policy and someone people pledging their life to serve and protect ours. :tdown:

uggggh.

Max Anderson, a Vietnam war veteran who serves on the council, said he fully supports the measure to get Marine recruiters out of town

“We’re not against the Marines per se,” he said. "We’re against this war.

Weird i dont really get mad even if people think military are shitty scum or whatever. I could but whats the point. Also i do fight to protect freedoms last i check so i guess i acknowledge these people to have the freedom to be complete d-bag piles of worthless shit. I am glad i can provide them this freedom lol.

^Its not about the protesters…

Its about the Local Council, aka GOVERNMENT, rejecting a marine recruiting station.

Thats the thing though i try not to look at it like that for a few reasons. They are just trying to make people not sign up because they think others should share their opinions so meh to that. Two lol its the guys signing up whos purpose is to make sure they get to live in a place where they can protest. So to be honest say if protesting the war became illegal(obvious stretched situation) I would not be happy. I wouldnt want anyone to lose their right to that. I someone wants to go protest whatever I might think they suck at life but i still want them to be able to do it.

I see what you are saying. Yea thats kinda lame.

Fair enough. Granted your tolerance of them makes me want to run them over even more, but I’ll follow your example. :stuck_out_tongue: :tup:

I think im just too relaxed today im not sure whats up… Maybe we can find a middle ground like water ballons or something.

Nerf darts!

IN!!!