School Me: Audi A4 and Volvo C30 (Possibly V70)

I appreciate the offer. I’ll be in touch as I am sure she will want to see it. We can wait for nicer weather.

Look into the Saab 9-2x,looks Swedish but is :snky:

I love my b7 wagon (6 speed manual)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/jeller/e436892b-4d1f-4ec3-b5fd-0b89347a92c5_zpsb6fef9e5.jpg

My car is an '05.5 model with 86K on it now and has been good so far. Nothing major buy typical audi stuff has been done to the car for an 8.5 year old car. Audi makes the best looking wagons IMHO if you are a wagon lover. Besides regular maintenance I have done some preventative stuff too along the way.
Things I have done recently now that the car is getting up there in miles:
Upper control arms (any audi will need these)
New coil packs
Intake valve cleaning/walnut blast (replaced one injector at the same time)
Timing belt and water pump
Change the cam follower every 40K

I have just an APR tune on the car running 93 octane program and it really wakes the car up and short of the boost gauge you would think its stock since the programming is very good. Overall very comfortable daily driver, the 2.0t is fast enough, most regular people would think it’s fast probably lol. I get on average 23.5 mpg with mostly all city driving and driving however I want, it will get 29-30 on the highway.

Do they have decent aftermarket support?

The Audi gets my vote, and by the way there is no such thing as a 2004 BMW 328xi.

I’ve looked into it. The usual stuff…tunes, fmic, exhaust, suspension, brakes. It’s all out there.

:tup: will do!

Thanks for the info!

Ha, my mistake. It was a 325xi.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. It is very helpful. I’ll start the process to narrowing down a model she will be happy with.

If anyone has anything else to add please do so!

Buy the Volvo. A 6 speed one. Just like the photo you posted on page 1. Then come pick me up and take me for a ride.

Saabaru!!!

^LOL.

:tup:

I’d be glad to offer some suggestions but a bit more info would help.

Max price?

Oldest year?

Highest mileage?

the cliffs on anything audi are just try and get into at TSI not the FSI if budget allows.

$18k, 2005 or newer, preferred less than 60k mi.

I could probably bump the price up $3k if needed. Or, if there was a clean version of something in the 2000-2004 range I’d consider it.

Good tip. Thanks.

I actually considered a used C30 in 2012, but I didn’t find it to be as much fun to drive as the new Focus. What’s the point of having all that torque in a FWD car with an open differential?

if you want a fun AWD hatch we have a gorgeous 12’ Golf R for sale. http://www.basilcars.com/index.php/used-inventory-cars-suvs-vans-trucks/31756A/2012/Volkswagen/Golf%20R

A4 avant s line!!

Or 2010 a6 avant s line 3.0t

Too much $$$ for what she needs. It’s nice though.

2006 pontiac gto.

Then give it to me.

^I think your MR2 is faster…no?