SCREW in my tire!

i was waxing my car today and i noticed i screw in my tire!
i know i can get it patched, but does anyone have any recomendations?
is Crappy tire ok? i want to get it fixed asap so i dont get a flat.

umm… personally i’d just go with a patch kit. i just patched one of my tires that had a screw (as long as its no where near the sidewall). cheap from canadian tire.

cheap fix! works like a charm, havent lost 1 psi of air pressure in 3 weeks.

as long as its not in the sidewall u should be good… bring it down to cali auto… one of our sponsors… great shop.

i got a small nait in the sidewall. went to crap tire they said 35$ to fix one in the middle of the tire but wont fix the one in the sidewall. i have low pro federal tired and they are almost new, im not going to toss the tire, i have one in each rear tire i have no clue how i got so lucky, but ya, will anyone fix the one in the sidewall?

eish i dunno about sidewall, but i have had numerous nails/screws in my tires before i have always gotten then fixed at the 170st 69ave husky, they do a great job and 18$.

awesome buddy, thanks, close to home too, im in callingwood, so its like down the street.

no matter what kind of tire it is, if u get a pucture on the side wall u can not get it patched. sorry mang!

theres no way to fix that, whats so special about the side wall?

patch it and find out what is special about the sidewall :stuck_out_tongue: remember to post pictures when it explodes on the freeway

yeah seriously… i would not mess around with a patch in a sidewall… flexes WAY too much to hold a patch. time for a new tire.

SHIT, well i got the sidewall patched, it was only a small nail, he said it will hold because its not directly on the side, its just on the very edge of the treds. so not by the rim. i dont have 250 for a new tire haha, so ill just not rip around corners as much.

hope i get lucky.

Hmmm save 250 on a tire or spend alot more later in damages.

Hmmmmmmmmmm It is comfusing.

WERD.

i used to work in a tire shop and a bunch of guys that worked there said they have patched there own tires with side wall damaged and never had a problem, but that wasn’t on low-pro’s. but a shop can’t do that on a customers tire because they can be held accountable if it blows out.
that’s the plus side to getting tires at crappy tire! they have those replacement certificates so if you damage a brand new tire beyoned repair you get it replaced for cheap. some shops might have something like that, basically a warranty that covers sidewall damage? ask around!

best bet is if you keep getting screws or nails in your tires, then get some cheaper tires so it doesn’t matter as much!

Dude, you paid $250/tire for cheap ass Federals??? I got my 255/40-17 for $135/tire from Kal Tire. OUCH!