Seafoamed and now my car is broken. j/k

Anyways. I was doing some regular maintenance this past saturday(Oil change, checked my fluids, tire pressure…blah, blah.) when I decided to seafoam my car.

Had some Gunk Intake Medic left from when I used it on my hatch as well. Engine was not as rev happy, basically, it did not feel as good as the hatch.:/:

So I buy some Seafoam. A third into the crankcase, brake vacuum line and gas tank. Smoked the neighbourhood to shit.

Afterwards, I did my oil change, cleaned the throttle body.

Engine runs alot stronger now, however, my “SERVICE ENGINE SOON” light is now on…:/: Could the Seafoam have just sent the sensors out of wack?

ALSO, Chris (87s15lt1) saw and smelled what looked like oil coming out the exhaust durings Bing’s niagara cruise…?

Any Ideas? thx.

Check all your wiring/plugs/sensors - you might have knocked one out? Also, recheck the vacuum line that you used to make sure you plugged it back properly. Another option is to check your oil level.

I’m quite sure I have higher mileage and put more beating on my engine than you and I’ve Seafoamed my car many times without issues.

Thanks Sam, I’ll take a look tonight.

Check you 02 sensor

Yea. I did see a big ass cloud of oil. Out the tail pipe and from what looked like from under the car. Weird really. Only happened the one time. Car sounded good from what I could hear over mine :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I said though. Check your codes. Probably an o2 all gummed up and varnished from the seafoam. Could of been a valve that got stuck. Multiple things. If it is not a constant. I would not sweat it. Just check the codes and go from there. I’m leaning towards an o2 how ever.

Yea, seafoam is known to knock out 02’s.

where the hell does everyone in the GTA find seafoam? I’m in scarborough and would love to use some before the next event

Napa has it. Birchmount and eglinton area in scarborough

does that shit even work, and after reading this thread would u want to use it?

It works.

Thanks Guys. Yeah. I guess the O2 is the way to go.

lol Chris, I know. my car is too loud, need to put a cat back in.

Adam you can find seafoam at Partsource. (Brimley/Sheppard). They’ve got em right on the cashier counter.

You going to shanny this weekend, Mike? I want to see the kouki.

^^^
She is a damn sexy girl! (the car) LOL!

part source in markham (mccowan and 7) and in scarb. (sheppard and markham rd?) has them

alright perfect thanks everyone I’ll pick some up tommorrow to prep for shannonville

Not this time, i’ll be camping.:smiley:

Thanks Chris, so is yours bud.:stuck_out_tongue:

bring it by if you want ill check it out for you around 5