Season opening cruise (tentative 4/7)

Thanks Dave, Ryan, etc for the support. I do put a fair amount of time into setting things up, and I try to make the cruises that I set up as ‘fair’ as possible for everyone involved.

It’s totally up to you guys if you want a straight shot up/down the Northway or a mixture of highway and twisties. Post what you want and I’ll post detailed directions for the scenic route if thats what everyone wants.

SSSSSSS-as suggested by others, just set up a cruise on a different date with your route man. It sounds like the last one was a success!

I had a good time on the last one, even if it was “just” up and down the Northway. With all of the different route ideas and everyones varying schedules, maybe we could make this a monthly event?

I just took a drive around Sacandaga the other day. Towards Hadley the road is completely fucked. The bridge is also still fucked.

What about up north but on the west side of the northway. Go through Saratoga, Greenfield, Corinth, Hadley, Stoney Creek. Or hell if we start int CP we take rt 4 into Schuylerville, out into Greenwhich and then up into the back side of Lake George and just chill in Lake George. That’s a good 2 hour drive

yea you could always hit 29 in toga and find ur way back around to rt9 and stilll shoot toward TI ive done it a few times on my way up to crown point. and the roads in the laje arent really ready for a cruise alot of salt and sand though the corners that u need watch for and unless you go around the bridge ur gunna stop and wait.

The Northway is pretty fun if there are a lot of cars going.

I personally won’t go unless TurboTravis fixes the door on his pickup truck.

Agreed, and thanks for the genuine concern about my truck.

I’m off that weekend. I’ll go if my other plans don’t work out.

hope to have the bike done by then to make it up there with you guys. Its about the only car project of my own that has a shot at getting done anytime soon. Customers first you know!

i’d love to show up, but the shitbox won’t even be in primer by then.

If we could make this a montly event with alternating Saturdays and Sundays that’d be great!

even if it was why would it leave the garage? Should never put fresh body work and primer through the elements prior to paint. Any body/paint work is a start to finish job, or your base/clear and entire job months after will hate you for driving it around in primer. Not to mention most basecoats have a time to shoot period after primer is shot and flashed to adhere correctly. IE letting it sit in primer for a month while you save up for base/clear is not good either.

and primer I am talking is NOT the rattle can stuff.

Just saying.

how old are you, just curious

Don’t laugh but… Definitely think a cruise is a stellar idea. Too busy to attend tho.

i didn’t mean i’d drive it anywhere, even in primer. i just meant it wont be nearly done by then… im not saving up for anything either, my dad’s been a professional bodyman for 25 years now. he’s shooting it, but i’m doing everything else essentially. after he shaved the door handles and gas door, and shot some rattle can primer to keep it from surface rusting, he pretty much said “well, you wanna learn to do this, the best way to do it is hands on” and handed me a block.

:facepalm

Not a bad idea, we would just have to take the LG meets into consideration.

Given everyones input, I’m going to post a final route later on tonight or tomorrow.

im down to cruise. the last one with travis and a bunch of members was fun. driving is driving.

Updated the OP. I took the suggestions of the masses and made this work for everyone. It’s a mixture of highway/twisties, and is about the same amount of seat time for the participants.

I love 9n, especially on the bike where you can hit those turns that go down the mountain, or up depending on direction… One day I litterally when through the turns and kept turning around to go through them again… Luckily there was like NO traffic.

http://jalopnik.com/5888002/ten-great-driving-roads-youve-never-heard-of/gallery/1

apparently 9N from saratoga to lake george is one of the 10 great driving roads you’ve never heard of

edit: now that i’ve seen that route, i remember taking that to my grandmothers place who used to live in corinth. i definitely remember it being very twisty, but also with a fair amount of cars