Section 1501a??

Ok so yesterday was my appeal hearing. The cop was a total prick and wouldn’t accept the plea I was going for. Instead they came up with a section 1501a which is driving while being unlicensed. Same thing as never been given a license in the first place. The charge carries a 6 month suspension which is way better than the year but still kinda shitty. My lawyer told me though that there is a luphold in this offense that if you’ve never had one that it doesn’t carry a suspension for a first offender. Nobody knows for sure. Any of you ever get this charge or know anyone who has? And what was the punishment?

Dunno, but I’d hope your lawyer has access to an up-to-date copy of the PA vehicle code.

Yea, i probably would not pay a lawyer any fees if he doesn’t know the rules.

Finally got my answers for future reference for everyone. Section 1501 carries a 6 month suspension for every 2nd offense in a 7 year period. Which basically means that since this was my first its a free one. Haven’t gotten my restore letter yet but I have been calling the penndot drivers services line to see when it took effect. Last night I called and my license status is now valid. So hopefully the letter will be here next week cause I still can’t drive til I get that. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions and I look foreward to meeting some of you guys at the track and whatnot.

Quick question thats kind of on topic, i got a speeding ticket because of a stupid speed trap on e carson street… cop told me to fight it so i can get the points dropped… how long does it usually take for you to get a response back? its been at least a month if not longer and i still have not heard anything…

Not sure. I have never had a ticket from a city cop. The boroughs that I have gotten tickets from have all taken no more than a month to schedule a hearing after the not guilty plea.

funny thing i posted that today… i just got it today lol of course im going to be on vacation when they scheduled it…

yeah i have a hearing coming up too. same thing, cop told me to fight it to get the points dropped