Sell them all and have only 1 car?

I’m kind of over cars right now. Track days are fun and I plan to continue doing them, but I’m at a point where maybe I don’t need all these cars. My 240z is gone. 636 is gone. My m3 is gone. Currently I have an e30 wagon that is dumb rare. Pulled the motor to put an s50 in, but with this muscle spasm in my back I can’t really do any work on cars. So it sits. And sits.

My dd is a 97 328i. Stock except for vaders, zhp knob and 18x10 bbs rs2’s in the summer. 166k on it. it’s good, but maybe I’d like only one car. something with lower miles.

I am thinking maybe I should just sell my 328i, sell my e30, take the money from those and my m3 and buy an e36 m3 4 door 5 speed and call it a day. No more storage fees. No more fixing multiple things on multiple cars. just have one car, with a drop, some wheels, maybe a few other little things. I have $7k on a credit card, I would LOVE to pay all that off.

I just don’t know if I can forgive myself if I get rid of the wagon, they’re so hard to find. But I can’t really do anything with it right now. One m3 would leave me with plenty.

Thoughts?

DONT DO IT!!!

I understand where you’re coming from Dre. I’ve thought about dumping a couple cars too, Just can’t seem to bring myself to do it. Not even sure why I’m feeling this way either, it’s very odd for me…

But I def. understand the fixing multiple things on multiple cars thing…it’s frustrating…I think that’s why I’ve allowed myself to think about just having one car too…

i would keep the wagon, it obviously means alot to you. Plus projects are projects for a reason, they are something fun to do when you have free time. yea it gets frustrating at times but thats what makes the finished car all worth it, its what makes you truly appreciate it.

When I sold down to one car I thought it was the greatest thing ever…for about three months. I am back at two and plan to add one or two more within a year.

I hate having multiple cars. Unfortunately, owning a boat really pidgin holds me to having an SUV.

I have been downsizing over the past 18 months. I’m down to 4 or 5 now from double digits. Hoping to get down to 3 and then settle back in at 4.

:lol: :clap: That’s beyond any reasonable statue of limitations.

Anyway, depends on what kind of dollars you are talking about. If you’re talking two pieces of crap versus one decent car, then I’d go one car. Last I looked an E36 M3 runs $15kish for a clean one? :tif:

im sure he could pull that 15k with these 2 cars

Sure he could probably pull $15k with his E30 touring alone. I’m just on the fence about $15k for two cars vs splitting it.

If $15k was the budget I would deff be getting one vehicle.

You will regret selling the e30 imo

It’s tough when dealing with salt, for me I get pretty bummed out at what the winter does to my car when I’m trying to keep it clean. I’m at 2 cars now, and will be going down to 1 as I’m working towards moving to CA within the next 6 months. Looking forward to being able to drive 1 car year round, however, on the contrary it is fun to have something to play with…

As far as exclusivity goes with cars, there’s millions more out there that could be just as enjoyable to own. If you can part with what you own now, pay off a credit card, and roll over into a nice DD…go for it. There will always be another “rare” car out there to pick up.

I’d keep a solid daily and 1 project, but that’s just me. Sounds like the wagon will be a great daily when finished. You can’t really drag/auto-x it in a competitive fashion. Finish that, sell the 328, and see if you want another project after it.

That’s what I would do at least.

Like you said, I don’t think you’d forgive yourself for selling the wagon. If you have to have a lower mileage DD, maybe downgrade a little so you can pay off some of your credit card? I think you’ve taken steps in the right direction, but you’ll be very glad you kept that e30 the day it’s completed.

it’s just tough because I can’t work on any cars right now. For the past 6 months it’s hurt to move much, and it isn’t really getting better.

all my cars together I could probably get 17k for (wagon would be worth dumb loot with a motor in it but I can’t do any work like I said). nice e36 m3 4 door 5 speed with ~90k can be had for ~$10k

mike; i hear you, but it’s tough dd’ing a bmw and then going to a honda or something. I went to toronto with josh in his 330 a couple years ago, and a few months later I went with my lady-friend at the time in her cobalt and the difference was pretty drastic

Grab some beer and pizza, have the motor into the wagon in a weekend with the help of some friends???

I have an s50 but it needs to be rebuilt. If I do decide to do an e30 wagon I’d sell mine and buy my buddy’s that’s already done. then I wouldn’t have any $ left to pay off my cc, and I’d still have my 328 with 166k to dd.

Both options are viable, and I would be ok with either one, I just can’t for the life of me decide

also, to throw in another curveball, my dad has a 240z that needs paint. 45k original miles. I can have it for a grand if I want, it just sucks cause I know I’d spend $2k on a boosted 2.8, 1800 on brakes, 800 on suspension, 400 on flares, 1500 on wheels, etc. (edit: and NO no inquiries about that, he wouldn’t sell it for anywhere near that to anyone else)

cars are expensive

Try DD’ing a Tercel :roflpicard:

So wait, is your buddy’s wagon just as rare as yours?