Semi-Trucker Rant

Yeah and alot of those drivers were CRAZY!!! lol

I have to agree, but disagree at the same time.

EVERYONE on the road should be paying attention. The correct way for this scenario to play out would be this. There are for example 5 cars involved. One pulled over, hazards on changing the tire, the truck and 3 cars along side the truck.

It is everyone’s responsibility to pay attention and take responsibility into their own hands on the road. The truck should put his blinker on to “ask for permission” to move over. The lead car on the side of the truck should be paying attention far enough down the road to see the tire changer, and have enough brains to punch it to give room to the truck to move over PRIOR to reaching the tire changer. Car #2 in line either hits the gas and follows the lead car to give room, or hits the brakes to slow down and start to let the truck pull in in front of them PRIOR to the tire changer. Car #3 should hit the damn brakes. at this point 3 cars bumper to bumper to bumper would put that last car around the ass end of a 52’ trailer. no way should he be the dick and hit the gas to try to out run the truck… especially if car #2 hit the brakes to slow him and car 3 down to let the truck over.

BUT you know people are A: Oblivious B: Impatient C: Irrational and D: inconsiderate. so the above rarely plays out.

I see it all the time, ass holes try to punch it to cock block a 20 ton 52’ hunk of steel rolling along side of them in a 3,300lb 16 foot long car. Sorry but if you mess with the bull, don’t bitch when you get the horns.

ANNND. people should know how to deal with the above situation, becasue not only is it usefull to avoide killing a tire changer, truckers MUST do this to give a clear lane to police pulling over a car, they can get a ticket for blowing by a cop in the far left lane. ANND alot of truck companies have a zero tolerance rule, no points on your lic, or you could loose your job. Sorry but if I were driving truck feeding my family, and 3 assholes didnt payattention and have the decency to move over so I couldnt move over not to by a cop in the far left lane, I wouldnt chance the ticket, and I would kindly force my way over.