Semi-Trucker Rant

Some truckers do well over the speed limit. They ‘waste money’ (for purpose of this discussion). If you limit their trucks to 70mph, the company is still ‘saving money’ while the general public doesn’t have to deal with a slow ass truck on the interstate (if you governed it to say 60 or whatever). What is so hard to understand about that?

Yeah the cost savings are different between 60 and 70, but if said trucker likes to do 75-80 on his big rig, then limiting him to 70 is technically still saving money. Just not as much.

Also, I’m pretty sure if a trucker got pulled over for something while doing 70 he wouldn’t get a speeding ticket. I’ve seen some of them do 80 for hours (I followed one such truck from MD to southern VA while on my way to FL).

The only issue I have with them is when they get side by side with another one. That’s it. None of these other issues that people are saying bother me as I’m typically patient on the road and pretty observative (so I don’t get stuck getting run onto the shoulder, etc.)