Semi-Trucker Rant

what he said… look at the finnish kids driving around… they need to have a rally lic practicly to drive over there.

+1. Open up the highways, and make road tests more stringent so some 60yr old lady who can’t see over the steering wheel stays off the road. Or some young 16yr old who doesn’t understand certain concepts can’t get a license.

They should have winter tests as well, so everyone know show to react in a spin out, etc.

Sorry but your post is just idiotic. I work for a heavy towing recovery and some times drive our 35 ton heavy wrecker. To put that in prespective the truck alone weights 48k pounds and is almost 50 feet long. You then put something on the wheel lift and the weight can double. Point being no large truck accelerates or slows down quickly. To top it off you have to shift them just right or your grinding gears or stuck in neutral and in a world of hurt. I experience moron passenger car drivers every time I hit the road and it’s beyond nerveracking. Moral of the story being the trucks are bigger than you, don’t stop as fast and don’t turn as fast. Don’t f@ck with them. I’ll tell you with no shame I have pushed smaller cars out of lanes that wouldn’t let me move over or were ridding my blind spot. CDL drivers put up with more than you can ever imagine between DOT and shrinking profit margins due to fuel cost. Grow up and give the truckers a break, slow down wait for a gap in traffic then go around them.

Just got stuck behind a fool on 87S doing 60 in a 65 without hazards or anything…IN THE LEFT LANE. He was in one of those cargo vans. People were passing him on the right, but I decided to make a point and lit him the hell up with my highs (which are nice) until he moved his ass over to the right lane. I could have easily passed him but refused to. What a dick.

Just like the truck driver that replied above you. We cant blame them for doing what they have to do when the passanger cars around them are out to space putting on makeup in rush hour. I dont think 99, and many of the others are arugeing that point. If they need to merge over to avoid blowing the hat off a trooper pulled over, and force a few cars to GTFO the way… i completely understand.

BUT like you said right there, if they are ignorant and do it just to do it… its 110% fucked up and should not get away with it.

I see what you did all the time too. truck gets over for what ever reason in the left lane, and wont blend into the flow of traffic. Sometimes they cant move back over becasue other asshole passanger cars are too quick to say fuck this guy and blow by on the right aorund them. If there is a CLEAR spot for that truck to pull over, and they dont… fuck them pass them, throw change out the window at them once you get by, what ever, just do it. BUT if you see them looking in the mirror, maybe have the blinker on to try to move over, do what Ilya did and let them in.

I saw it once where people were just following this guy and getting pissed off then blasting around him on the right. I made it up behind him and drove down the dotted lines for a mile, waiting for him to look in the side view mirror. he finally saw what I was doing, keeping the other dicks behing me from blasting up the right of him. When he looked in his mirror, I flickered my high beams for him, he put his blinker on and moved over finally. Now yes he was oblivious, or maybe didnt give a shit about the people behind him, but atleast once I got his attention, and gae him a shot to move over he did.

Yeah I was last in a line of like 14 cars that passed him and the next car behind me was probably a good quarter mile away.

ive driven a rather large vehicle across the country, loaded to its max GVW(26ft box truck), and towing a car behind it. the governor was 67mph. alot of the passes you had to travel the truck lane was filled with Us, 35-40mph crawling up the passes. and even with the mirrors on it, its still tough to see small cars. im not justifying how all truckers drive, but in a sense i understand the way it is. Trucks dont look out for you, you look out for them. no matter how you look at it big rigs own the road.