Service Needed

I know there is a lot of guys with shops on here. I do most of my own work (such as brakes, oil, plugs, filters, etc.) but I can’t be bothered with these three or suspensions (later in the spring).

I need the following done on my car:

• Coolant drained/filled - 50/50 mix. Water MUST be distilled. With a bottle of water wetter.
  • Transmissed drained/filled
  • Front and rear differential drained/filled

I will provide the fluids. Nissan/Infiniti OEM, although coolant may be Toyota OEM. Just tell me how much is needed of each.

Car is a 2007 Infiniti M35x.

How much fluid(s) is needed? How much for labor? How long will it take?

Thanks. Post in here or PM me. Have a feeler out to Lia for the same service. Based on their price vs the price of buying my own fluids/having someone else do it, I’ll make a decision.

pm’d

Take this as you wish, and others may disagree, but you most likely don’t need to change your transmission fluid. Unless of course that shit is dirty as fuck.

Also with Water Wetter is not NEARLY as efficient when you used with antifreeze, it is mainly meant to be used with water only. I used to use it in my old GSX-R and then made sure to store the bike where it didn’t drop below freezing as Water Wetter does not contain glycol and will freeze.

Yeah you don’t need water wetter in your coolant. Waste of money. Trans fluid + filter change is a good idea tho unless you have 100k on the car and it’s never been changed then just leave it so it don slip

i thought if you wait until it gets dirty as shit theeennnn you dont change it, not the other way around… if you catch it in time before its bad youll be fine, but if you wait till its dirty as shit your tranny can go right after… could be wrong though.

Thanks. See my OP though. Can’t be bothered :).

Regarding the WaterWetter…

While it doesn’t (and won’t) meet the silly claims of “30* cooler”, it DOES do 2 important things: Reduces bubbles and cavitation, allowing the coolant to remain in contact with the surfaces that it is supposed to transport heat energy away from, AND provides an additional measure of protection against a temperature spike in the event of component failure or periodic, short-term abuse.

It’s not expensive, as I say below, a matter of piece of mind. Or placebo effect.

This is correct. I did it at 50k and am approaching 100k.

Yes, the cost is somewhat high, but I’d rather spend the $200 and have a 100% working tranny than not spend it and have one at 80% because the fluids been neglected. Even if it’s placebo effect. For me, piece of mind. Same for the differential fluid.

Dealer quoted me the following:

Coolant: $150
Trans: $250
Differential: $250

So, I got a couple PM’s telling me to talk to certain people and will be following up on those leads.

Thanks.

Do the transmission an diff at dealer. That way if anything ever happens to either one, you can blame them because they serviced it. Have friend do coolant. That’s easy

Don’t forget the transfer case!

Check your headlight fluid while you’re at it.

Well, it be a shop doing any of them…so I should be covered any which way…but I see what you’re saying. Those components are much more expensive to replace than a busted radiator.

I think that’s included in Infiniti’s AWD service, but I would probably need to mention that if someone else does it. Good point, thanks.

wow idk about anyone else but this just seems like too much of a hassle and you should just go to the dealer because regardless of the outcome good or bad youll have something to complain about

Complain about? Explain.

well no i worded that wrong i guess, my initial though when i read this was your looking for someone on the side to do these things for you, but the more i read your looking for a warranty and what not, so what your really looking for is for a shop to do the work cheaper then the dealer that can do dealer quality work, and to be able to warranty it if something happens, you should just save yourself the aggravation and just take it to the dealer

Gotcha. I edited my above post because I thought you were trying to say something else.

Yes, I’m looking for shop level work, for less than dealer prices. If I can’t find someone, I will have to go to the dealer or attempt it myself.

no problem, sry for the confusion haha, u can try my dealership nemith and see what they can quote you for the work, we work on nissans but they are technically the same, we have great techs up at nissan ryan and joel are the top master techs,

I was just thinking the same thing. I will call your dealership on Monday and inquire. Thanks.

You do realize if you supply the fluids the only thing the shop will be have to warranty is that the plugs are tight and don’t leak and that the levels were filled correctly. If your really worried about possible issues take it to the dealer like captain suggested.

Just go to Albany SS, they’ll do it cheaper and better than the dealer. Support your local economy

No offense to any of the local sponsors, but when I had the tranny service done, I went to Northeast Acura. It’s just one of those things that I felt that they were the best to do it. It didn’t cost too much more than anyone else would have charged. but they had the fluids and filter there, I didn’t have to do anything except give them the keys

Honestly the techs that do easy work like that at most dealers really aren’t all the qualified.(I’ve been a dealer tech for years so…) If it were me and I wanted a guarantee on the work I would go see Darryl at ASS or Mike and the boys at CRC. However Darryls shop is closer for Ilya.