Service Needed

CRC for sure.

No need to go to dealer for shit unless its for a warr issue or recall ! If any private shop has the right shit to do it they can as well . My shop Prolly has all that a dealer does and more knowhow . Noone is gonna guarantee shit outside of what they do .

water wetter and 50/50? i thought water wetter was for 100% water to improve efficiency. i use it in my s2k supercharger/aftercooler setup (which i drain during the winter).

and go to CRC

I don’t understand why you post a thread asking for advice on how to save a few pennies every time your luxury car needs routine service.

This, but also he stated he does his own oil, plugs and brakes, but can’t manage to change a few fluids?

:ponder

You know Borax does the same thing as water wetter and is available at most stores that sell cleaning supplies. lowers the surface tension of water…

just saying…

because ballin on a budget

doesnt sound as good as becasue racecar…so because luxcar?

I don’t know what you’re talking about Chad. Last thread I made (and only one regarding maintenance on my car) had to do with a bad steering rack which got replaced under warranty. Hardly ‘routine’ maintenance.

As for why I was looking for someone to do this…it’s due to lack of desire to do certain tasks (like tranny fluid). Especially because I work 55-60hrs a week after my promotion to meet project dead lines. And I go to night school.

I will likely end up doing this myself, but it won’t be as soon as I hoped to get it done due to my schedule.

See below…

Also, CRC never responded so…moving on.

Thanks people…I’ll just handle this myself. Just later than I had hoped to get it done.

After all that you’re doing it yourself?

Yes.

:dunno

Did u call da speed shop

Not worth it. :rofl

Well worth it

Not you dummy.

Who u callin dummy

Dummy

I would also reccomend Albany Speed. Great guys over there. Also CRC of course.

You PM’d me 8:xx PM on friday. I leave my day job every day at 5PM sharp and go to the shop till midnight or later. Sat/Sun I am there working too. Only time I sign into shift on the weekends are when I have to check PM’s for details on work I am doing at the moment, that of which I didnt have to do. Monday was a holiday and I woke up, shot my new gun a bunch of times and went to the shop for the afternoon.

I just saw your PM and responded.

Like Mr. Camaro’s mentioned. If we, ASS, Lia, or anyone else with a registered repair shop changed the fluids, and 5K or something later the trans or dif’s went boom, none of us would warranty that. Its not rocket science behind those fluid changes. Unless the plug wasn’t put back in, seals leaked like crazy, or someone sabotaged it and put a hand full of ball bearings in there or something the owner has nothing to fall back on. Especially if its customer supplied parts/materials. Thats the entire point to finding a service man and trusting them.

Its no different than getting an oil change at walmart and the car blows up after that. Walmart wont be putting an engine in the car for you. BUT, if the customer feels there was negligence, its the same process to fight it as it would be CRC, Walmart or Lia. Call DMV, file a claim. Car and shop are investigated and it goes from there. Same shit would happen if a car popped on a dyno or somthing like that. The RO you sign has alot of ass covering in it for both parties. The rest is left to trusting the shop.

And you dont need water wetter. Its not a highperformance engine, its not undergoing extreme driving, and its not hitting a track where coolant isnt allowed. Your thermostat is all your coolant system really needs to worry about, next to a leak. Infact, if your so worried about doing a fluid change to a T and having a fall back if something blows up… adding anything to the coolant system thats not factory recommended would be the first thing on their denial list I would have to assume.

Hahahaha owned

I am just saying it how it is. Nothing to hide, and no need to sugar coat anything.

/honesty thread